Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The Pearl Water Street -Water Street Grand Opening | "Airie in The City": Colorful Poplin Mini Dress + Jimmy Choo


Today I am wearing another featured Spring dress from Flying Tomato, this one I did purchase myself. I love the bright colors and the design of the dress. It has been feeling so wonderful since the last week of February, that is the best week of the year!


If you scroll down you will find the link to this dress and a discount code for 20% off.



The Pearl is a new nautical-themed tavern from restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. You may have eaten at one of his other Tampa restaurants over the years: Ocean Prime Tampa and (the now closed) Mitchell's Fish Market. The grand opening of The Pearl was Tuesday afternoon at Water Street (District) Tampa at 823 Water Street following a short soft-opening period over the weekend, which also included a friends and family event. The new Water Street tavern and oyster room is the third location of The Pearl (there are two others, including the primary location in Columbus). 

For me, I can say this was a highly anticipated restaurant opening firstly, because I love Ocean Prime Tampa so much and this is within the same restaurant group so I knew what to expect food wise and service wise. Secondly, I love love love oysters! So, when I found out there would be a restaurant that focused on oysters being built on Water Street I immediately searched for more information well over a year ago.

Just from perusing the menu you can see that they have a great seafood selection and raw bar, an elevated tavern-inspired menu with lots of items that can be made gluten free. They also have a great cocktail list with some "oldie, but goodies" like the mojito done their way and Mule.

Review below.





















View from the Meadow Poplin mini dress: Flying Tomato, 15% OFF Discount Code: -  AIRIE15

Arm Cuff: Kendra Scott Candace in silver

Earrings:Kendra Scott, Alex

Bracelet: Kendra Scott Abbie Statement in silver

Boone small cocktail ring in gold: Kendra Scott

Kendra Scott Boone cocktail ring in silver

Necklace: Kendra Scott, Rocksbox Elisa triple strand necklace

Necklace: Kendra Scott

Bag: Louis Vuitton Alma PM

Lipstick: MAC So Chaud

Fenty Glossbomb



The Pearl 
Water Street Tampa
Channelside District


Today was the grand opening.
Everything shown below was gluten free.



The menu is nice. They have a lot of options, and a lot of them can be made gluten-free! I haven't been many places that have a dedicated fryer for wings and fish and chips. The wings are GF, but the bleu cheese is not. They do, however, have GF Ranch dressing. The wings are confit as I was told cooked in pork juices. 

The sandwich list has the option to be made with gluten-free bread also! We tried a lot off of the menu and were pretty impressed. The price of oysters is pretty steep at 3 for 15$. I opted to try the NOLA styled oysters 3 for 19$. Deviled eggs 10$ for 4. The deviled eggs are served on a really cute scale/platter also. The deviled eggs are prepared "church style" or "Southern Style" straight forward with no fancy stuff and I really appreciated that; they weren't full of mayo.

Some things that I did find out was that the Fish and chips are also cooked in a dedicated fryer with a different batter, and I plan to come back to try that. The salad with the seafood was good, and it is similar to the one at Ocean Prime (which makes since because it is the same restaurant group, but this one has a really good red wine vinaigrette that I felt was better than the one at OP served in their seafood salad. 

They also have 2 gluten-free dessert options. My hubs had the pie which he loved. It was the brown sugar pie, it was the specialty pie the restaurant makes.

Overall, you would never know today was "opening day" because everything ran super smooth; Food came out the kitchen really fast, and everything was on point. I will pretty much always be a returning customer because they really exceeded all my expectations with the gluten-free offerings. I did also try the GF Cuban, and my only complaint is the sweet pickles. I really think, especially being in Tampa, a regular dill pickle option should be available. The sweet pickle ruined it for me. Otherwise, I thought it was a great sandwich. Would we return, that would be a resounding 'Hell yes!".

*Not everyone likes sweet pickles, it is very much an acquired taste. 
*We ate a lot more and I will be posting those photos later FYI.




Mojito









Chicken wing confit
gluten free (dedicated fryer)
Bleu cheese is not GF


So, from what I was told the restaurant  plans on always having a gluten free dedicated fryer for these wings. The way they were cooked - confit, gave them a really delicate light and crispy flavor and texture. This was in fact my first time having fried wings in a restaurant EVER. I have never been to a restaurant that made non breaded wings and had a gluten free fryer. These were absolutely delicious and I would order them over and over again.







N’awlins Style Baked Oysters
Gluten free without the bread





Old Fashioned Deviled eggs
gluten free














No comments:

Post a Comment