Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Before The Lockdown Last Birthday Dinner #6: Cropped Tank + Faux Suede Shorts Jimmy Choo


                        

So, as I mentioned in my City Life post for March I have postponed all of my scheduled blog posts as we are going through this pandemic together. While doing that I found some photos from a dinner I totally forgot about. This was around March 10th and I had already been in my condo for two straight weeks and I just knew that things were going to get worse until we all were on a forced quarantine. So, I told my husband lets just go out on a birthday date night real quick so I can get out of the condo and then starting Saturday I am self quarantining. Well, that was over 19 days ago. Anyhow, I thought I would share my experience real quick of that night.




So, it was a Thursday, by all means what is usually a slow day for restaurants which is why we often go out on Thursdays. Downtown Tampa is usually a little empty, but there would still be people walking around normally. This night it was empty, maybe more than usual. The restaurant was pretty empty, maybe a few diners and a full bar and we got there right before the kitchen was going to close. I have always had good experiences at Osteria, they kept the kitchen open for us. 

So, everyone had on gloves. We all collectively looked kind of scared about Coronavirus, but we were trying to act as normal as possible. I decided the easiest thing I could do is just not touch the table (I usually lay my arms on the table while I eat) and I decided just don't touch the plates. Despite the obvious ambiance we got 5 star service as well as a birthday dessert that my husband got to eat because it contained gluten.



I would see that this experience would be a complete juxtaposition to my last hosted event which would happen the next night at American Social where everyone was acting like it was a regular degular day. We ate dinner rather quickly, it was under an hour, I had some drinks (the signature froze), enjoyed my meal and we left. I tried to get some cute pics with my new bag in the "night life" the last time I would be in the "night life" for a while, which is quite strange because my life is literally defined by "City Life".

And by Monday everything changed and I have been inside again for almost twenty days. I just thought I would share all of this while I work on some new content for April. I hope you all are keeping your spirits up. 




About the look: I thought this look was much cuter than how the photos came out and I think it was probably just that I look unsure and a little afraid in the photos. By this point I really wanted to get back home. This is a very Fall look, but even in Spring these colors still work. I have this shirt in two colors and if you saw the photos from about 6 weeks ago you would swear it was a whole other look. I guess kind of being scared and a little afraid can totally change how the look is perceived. 

Anyway, I do want to make a note, since I have had to postpone a lot of posts a lot of my outfits may be out of stock, but when I get back to my regular schedule I will do my absolute best to find relatable matches.



Top: Not recent, Zara

Shorts: Not recent, Zara

Heels: Jimmy Choo Abel similar Romy


Necklaces: C/O Ettika gold cowerie shell

Necklaces: C/O Ettika white cowerie shell

Earrings: C/O Ettika 

Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam Rhianna











*This restaurant has been indefinitely closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment