Friday, March 6, 2020

Birthday Vacation in Orlando- Bonnet Creek 2020: Sunny Tie-Back Midi Dress & Morimoto Asia


I have been walking around with this "sexy" deep raspy voice now going on 3 weeks because I had an Asthma attack which led way to bronchitis and laryngitis  earlier in the month. There is nothing like visiting Disney Springs to pick your spirits up though. I have always felt blessed to live in Florida. For as much as Florida gets shunned on the internet, my proximity  to the Caribbean  has enabled me to visit all these countries  and meet people and see things that I would never see. So many people would love to visit Disney World and it is so expensive if you have to travel. Being able to just make a micro trip is a blessing. Being in Bonnet Creek really calms all the noise for me. There is no other place in Orlando that I can say I could spend five days other than here and I have stayed almost everywhere. These days a lot of times, what is the most important is that my husband gets to relax. His work load is something else and a lot of times people in my life don't understand it because they haven't lived it. Likewise, here I am literally always sick and we co-exist in harmony. I think something about being together for so long may have to do with that. 

My travel style is something that not even my parents understand after having traveling with us multiple times. I don't have the energy or the desire to do a lot and I can power through a long day, but the second day most likely not. It kind of sucks when you are having your birthday and have had bronchitis for almost three weeks and already kinda feeling dusty lol, but he always loves me unconditionally and I think that is what doesn't get shown because hubs does not really like to be on my social media and I don't blame him.  

On this day, we checked out late (at a pre-planned fee) and I was sick, but this day was the best day of my entire birthday week; I felt the best this day and even then I was at maybe 80% . I was happy to go home and see my cats and I felt like I had a nice trip. These small moments are the most important, not an instagram post to be photoshopped, or to have a professional photographer capturing "moments", but just to be happy your are in this moment right now

I never fake any of my posts or photoshop and frankly, as honest as I am, I would love to share my travel style; I have a second YouTube channel where I used to do that, but I stopped posting on it a few years ago. Anyhow, I guess I would just like to share that I believe in those little things and even though my blog post may come across "perfect" or whatever to some...as some people may think- I am always grateful for every moment in life. 

Literally, we took photos while waiting for the bar to open up! Disney Springs just has that magic, I don't think you can take a bad photo here.

There is some good food below also!












Floral dress: Lulus

Heels: Sam Jimmy ChooAbel, not recent similar Romy

Shell necklace: Ettika

Earrings: C/O Ettika

Arm cuff: Kendra Scott

Anklet: C/O Ettika x Nordstrom

Chains: C/O Ettika x Nordstrom

Lipstick: MAC Half and Half




So last year on our Micro vacation we visited Morimoto Asia. When I say grateful its things like this. I haven no avenue for Chinese food that is gluten free other than PF Chang in Tampa. I am a huge foodie and after eating here in October we started watching Iron Chef because we had never watched it before. Chef Morimoto is highly respected and all of his businesses are successful. I couldn't believe he opened a restaurant in Disney Springs of all places and in case you guys don't know- anything Disney related at their parks/restaurants will have gluten free options and training on cross contamination. That is why after all these years I keep staying in this area of Bonnet Creek and Lake Buena vista because I know without a doubt- I can eat no matter what time of day. And to be clear, I have stayed I think in almost every major area of Orlando proper and not.


This is upscale Chinese (Asian) food. I eat more veggies and seafood than anything  else and their sauteed Chinese vegetables are the best. I did not like the fried rice I had the first time which contained duck, shrimp, and chicken. This time I just got just the the chicken and it was amazing. I grew up eating Chinese food so for me its comforting especially the fried rice and having it with the veggies was out of this world. And they have gluten free miso soup.




Okay, Okay... so, even though it was my birthday hubs got his life too! He wanted this whole roasted duck since we first came here last year. I must tell you he ate the whole thing! I had one tiny piece because like I said, I am not much of a meat eater. We loved this visit and were so impressed.

So, here is something interesting...It seems they don't take reservations after three PM anymore and it is first come first serve. However, the lounge/bar area is also first come first serve and they have a first level and second level area. The second level opens at five PM and I promise, it is way more chic and sexy than sitting at a two seat table.

I already need to go back and I think I am pretty good at cooking Asian styled food to be honest. Sometimes you just need that extra expertise. One day, we will visit Morimoto Las Vegas and maybe even meet him.
Who knows...
XOXO

Roast duck is gluten free- avoid the sauces and the pancakes that come with it on the side.





No comments:

Post a Comment