Wednesday, March 11, 2020

VLOG February 2020 City Life..Candle Review + Tampa Living + Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals + Hauls & Fitness


Well, obviously this month was the most fun because it was my birthday month and hubby's birthday month!



I haven't done a candle review in a while because I hadn't purchased any new scents as of January when there was a sale. It will be Spring soon so Bath and Body Works had a lot of new candles with very pretty designs. I am a fan of eucalyptus  because it is so calming and stress relieving. This one stood out to me and it smelled amazing and I got a full clean burn out of it.

Scent profile: Eucalyptus, spearmint leaves, fresh Spring rain with essential oils.
C/O Ettika

C/O Ettika

C/O Ettika

C/O Ettika
(These are listed on my Poshmark account Airie 2013 along with other items)






DATE NIGHTS:

The Vault - Downtown Tampa




Otoro

Here are some photos from hubs birthday dinner...I still haven't posted them yet due to being busy and there are much more! We did the Shogun omakase experience at Sushi Sho Rexly. It was sooo much fun and sooo much food!


Ora King Salmon








Whitefish



The ending piece is unagi. This unagi is boiled and grilled in house.




Solo girls day
On Swann- Hyde Park Village


Elevage- Epicurean Hotel






Sea Salt- St. Pete





Farmtable Cucina














GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.

Jammy boiled eggs

This is one of my favorite things to make as a snack. The eggs take on whatever flavor you season them with. The key is to get them perfectly "jammy" which is in between well done and medium rare.

Place eggs gently in boiling water. let them cook for 7 minutes covered. Drain the water. I don't like to do an egg bath unless I am making eggs for salad so I do peel these under running water while they are cooling down.

Seasonings:

Smoked paprika

Salt

Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Garlic chives (mine are from my garden)





Elevated Catfish cooked in way of the "French Style"

If you have seen steaks being cooked in a butter bath over cast iron then this is exactly the same. The cast iron is actually to heavy for me to hold and wash the butter over the Catfish so I had my husband do it. Thee are garlic chives from my garden tied with cooking rope. I use the best of the best butter Kerry Gold Butter and for a butter bath I actually only used 1.5 table spoons because I don't want to use too much butter.

After doing the butter bath for 7 minutes I made sure to get the internal temperature of the Catfish which is essential because it will not look or have to the same feel as say a baked or seared Catfish.






Roast salmon with quinoa and basmati rice with artichokes




Trout with yellow rice and mixed veggies with chard






Savory chicken noodle soup


2 packs of chicken thighs

1 container chicken broth

4 cups water

bundle of thyme

bundle of parsley

4 celery ribs

6 carrots

1 whole chopped onion

gluten free egg noodles or whatever pasta you have available

salt
pepper
garlic powder
red pepper

brown chicken thighs in olive oil
add broth
add all ingredients and cook on low heat for  2 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment