Saturday, September 11, 2021

Summer restaurant Tour 2021: A Visit to Jotoro: The Chambray Jumpsuit + Prabal Gurung Pumps



Outfit, it was raining so I wanted to keep the look simple and it doesn't get more simple than a chambray jumpsuit. I was more annoyed that this actually looks like my old work uniform in retrospect; its cute and its comfortable though. Chambray is an extremely durable fabric, but its luxurious in a way that regular denim is not. I will link it and if it comes back in stock you can find it at the link posted as usual. 





































You Determine It Bright Blue Jumpsuit: Red Dress Boutique

Heels: Prabal Gurung, not recent

Felicie Bag: Louis Vuitton

Necklace: Kendra Scott

Earrings: Kendra Scott

Cuff: Kendra Scott, Candace


FLIGHT

So today we tried yet another new restaurant this one being in the Channelside District at Sparkman Wharf. Jotoro is a Mexican restaurant that serves different kinds of tacos, but I personally felt the main focus was on their drinks. The Channelside District is pretty much a drinking area, its a party area, and for many many years they have been trying to revitalize this area and shed that "party area" reputation. Was the food good? Yes. But not really memorable. What was memorable was their margarita flights. 


WOOD FIRED TACOS
KOREAN STYLE BBQ BEEF


Once again, I can't note on the inside of the restaurant as in amny cases we eat outside and I never step inside. Now, if you are like me and there are limited choices on what you can eat at Sparkman Wharf due to Celiacs then a restaurant like this is great. Mexican food is mostly gluten free if they are using corn tortillas. This restaurant unlike many has a dedicated fryer (that's what I was told) for their tortilla chips so the being the 2nd most memorable thing was the salsa, queso, guacamole trio. And lastly the Elotes are amazing. Try those three things if you go there. The tacos are just ok.



WOOD FIRED BAJA CHILLI TACOS ON LETTUCE



MEXICAN STREET CORN
cotija, chipotle, tajín & lime





WOOD FIRED ADOBO CHICKEN AL CARBON TACOS ON LETTUCE



This trio will have you wanting more, but what is even better is that everything here is gluten free and the tortilla chips are cooked in a dedicated fryer. With many restaurants not having this option this is my 3rd top recommended item! I actually have been gluten free since 2011/2012 when I found out I had Celiacs. 

Visiting restaurants to find the best gluten free eats is why I started my original food blog Air's Food Passion and what eventually became Fashionablefoodiva.

My Gluten Free anniversary is this month in fact and now, its so much easier to be gluten free, but it is hard finding the niche restaurants that have things that you would think are so simple, but its not gluten free.

I have in fact brought my own chips and bread to restaurants just so I could have the same experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment