Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Vacation to Celebration Camera Roll & Bohemian Autograph Boutique Hotel Review


We usually do a little Fall staycation of some type when October comes around. I have been wanting to stay at this hotel for a while now, but we always end up at the Waldorf Astoria which is about 20 minutes away from here. Both hotels are very very close to Disney. I recently discovered that Disney not only owns the area of Celebration, but all of Lake Buena Vista which makes a lot of sense now... Anyhow, so yes, Celebration is another manufactured cities, but it has more charm and qualities than when I was in Palm Coast.



So, what is great here is that Celebration is a a walkable area. Its basically a suburban area with cute little stepford houses, a library, a church, even a hospital and fire station. Their "downtown" is small, but walkable, friendly, and ideal. So if you have a late night craving you can walk right out and across the street to the neighborhood pub which is open until 2am. This is a great place to spend a Fall day because you can just sit outside and relax. I love coming to Orlando because its a lot cooler here than in Tampa a lot of times. I do get tired of the beach sometimes so being able to hang out by the lake is always peaceful.

The view from our room


One thing that I love about the autograph hotels is that the rooms are always about the same size no matter where you stay. They are spacious and roomy and I never feel the need to book a suite. I loved that the room had a lavender accent wall and the decor was too cute. The only thing that I didn't like was that a lot of sunlight was coming through the top of the curtains.

While the room was nice and it was quite, the hotel is dog friendly and some smart people decided to bring their dog with them and leave him in the hotel room all day everyday so all we heard was non stop barking all day.





I loved the Bohemian decor of the hotel; usually the art and style is what draws me to stay at Autograph Hotels in the first place. This hotel had art by local artists as well as hand made items like this frog riding the turtle which you can buy. For some reason on their website it says that there is no hotel restaurant, but there is. They have a quaint little dining area as well as hotel bar and a small (very small) pool overlooking the lake.  This large lake actually goes almost the entire way around the hotel property. There is a side walk that goes all the way around and it makes for a great place to jog or cycle on a nice day.













Sunday market

                 



The pinnacle  of our trip was that it was a foodie adventure. One thing I love about Disney is that they make sure they have 100% gluten free items on their menu for the kids and adults. I can eat with 100% confidence that what I am being served is truly gluten free and free of cross contamination. I realize I have become a little bit of a food snob as I acquire tastes for new foods and try new foods. I wanted to find some spots that had Chefs with Michelin stars. So I found one restaurant (Capa) and that chef does have one and the other restaurant (Morimoto Asia) the chef won Iron Chef Japan and America in 2017.


We really went for it at Capa; It was so much fun. I haven't even posted all of the photos yet because we ordered so much food. While the valet staffers were pretty rude at the hotel the staff at the restaurant were all very nice. I already want to go back. I had only had A5 wagyu steak once at Ocean Prime and I didn't like it because I needed it to have a bit more sear and crust on the outside. They cooked it perfectly at Capa.



Capa Four Seasons Orlando




Amorrette's Patiserie- Disney Springs




My next stop was to get this blue Champagne. I cant say that I have never paid 20.00 for a drink before because I have, but this was all about the look and show of it. It really wasn't that much champagne in the plastic flute. All I cared about was that I had it to be honest. The top is white chocolate. I was wondering if a lot of people were unaware of that because everyone was drinking the champagne and throwing the Minnie ears in the trash. To be honest, that hand made chocolate hat probably was the other 10.00$ of the drink. I ate it and it was delicious. I have never even been to Amorrette's before so it was a fun experience. I had to wait in line for over 20 minutes just to buy this!




Morimoto Asia- Disney Springs



Morimoto Asia






                                                           

Paddlefish Disney Springs
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment