Saturday, September 5, 2026

Casual Multi-Date: Small Giant (Tiki Takeover) and Babushka's | Girly LOTD

SMALL GIANT BAR
WATERSTREET

Come with us on a multidate to try out the limited tiki menu at Small Giant 📍 and then to dinner at 📍Babushka's. 

The blue cocktail was absolutely delicious. 😋. 

ANY times only my husband eats and I just have a drink or we have just gone somewhere else completely.
The restaurant isn't very gluten friendly at all. They do have hummus and a salad and that's about what they can guarantee is GF. This visit, I actually just came for the the drink that I have shown here and it was delicious. The thing that stuck me is that like, many times waiters will ask why I don’t want more food (and I wanted more food), but everything I asked for was not gluten-free. There were things that actually should have been gluten-free naturally, but the restaurant (Small Giant) did not make the items they were even selling on the menu, so it could not be gauranteed to be gluten-free and in particular the chips for the queso or soup.  So basically I can have a salad or hummus. The last time I for a salad a lot of the lettuce was actually rotten so I did not want that at all.
I got into a conversation about how this is about always how the menu is there and the person waiting on us said that they had been asking for better gluten-free and healthy options, but they weren't being added to the menu. 

So, that was dissapointing and for now, I am probably just going to call it on this place. The pop up was cute though. So, that is why this is a multidate post as well as the fact that I also knew to have a backup plan because I have been here before.
BLUE LAGOON: coconut rum, blue curaçao, pineapple, coconut. 




According to hubs the food is just ok here. I believe all the times he tried to order pizza they were out of it. He has had other things like sandwiches and tator tots, it just is what it is. Its a bar establishment and they serve bar food that is marketed to be elevated (the pizza), but for me there is not a lot of drawbecause I can get a bomb salad at one of the salad spots and it won't be rotten.

I hope they do add more healthy options to the menu, this whole area is very health conscious so it isn't like it would't do well, but until then I am going to explore some other options. The drink was good tho 😋. 
This is literally the best platter you can get in Tampa and you will have lots of leftovers. I love the vegetables the most and the lamb. You have lamb, chicken, pork and kabobs with assorted vegetables. Normally, this is served with bread, but we usually tell them to not bring the bread because I can't eat it. You also get some salsa and dipping sauces.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment