The whole inspiration for this photo shoot is this photo of my great grandparents. I am one of the lucky people who got to grow up with 3 out of 4 of my great grandparents. By the time I was old enough to retain memories of them they were probably in their late 80s though. I found this photo of them looking younger than I have ever seen them, I am guessing maybe they were in their 50s or 60s. I have no idea.
The thing is that my great grandparents were the first example of marriage and a couple literally living through "for better or worse" in health or sickness" till the day they died. I used to go to their house and take care of them with my cousins all the time and we would do all these things for them. I just remember thinking what do they do when we leave? I was very young, but for my age like I was having a profound thought process.
Anyhow, so, I found this photo of them just living life and for many reasons I wanted to recreate it; not just because I love them and I know they would be proud of me, but because I have made it to my 20 year marriage anniversary. I also just never got to see them "about town" so its pretty cool.
While my photo is inspired I did not want to make like some kind of replica. This photo was taken over 80 years ago.
The juxtaposition of my life vrs theirs in a modern world is illuminating to me, but I feel like even though I didnt know them when they were younger and verbal (just my great grandmother) I kind of feel like they were a lot like my husband and I. They lived the "City Life".
My love of the city actually comes from this side of my family. This is the side of my family that are from Ybor City and Tampa. Everytime I got to come into the city I was excited.
So anyway, that's a little explanation on this post.
Set: CiderScarf: Louis Vuitton scarf 90Heels: Jimmy ChooSunnies: QuayHubby's shirt: Oxknit




















































































No comments:
Post a Comment