Wednesday, January 31, 2024

"Airie In the City" Streetlight Taco Mexican Restaurant Opening in South Tampa (Now on the Michelin Guide 2024) + OOTD

















Dress: Red Dress Boutique, Not recent, similar here.

Revival mules: Louis Vuitton

 LV GARDEN SET OF BANDEAUS similar here

Clover Bracelets in white : (Local) Nairí Collection

Precious stones bracelets: (Local) Nairi Collection. These are all sold separately 


So, I had a chance to come to Streetlight Taco during their opening and I was not sure what to expect. We have so many taco restaurants and food trucks in Tampa and a lot of them are authentic. I was excited though because this particular area of town is a haven for amazing food, but it is an area probably only locals to South Tampa frequent unless they hear of a specific place via word of mouth.

I can name at least 7 places that have absolutely amazing food within a 2 to 3 block radius here and I should know because I live in South Tampa proper and have for the last almost 10 years. There was a taco place on this street before, I am not sure it was in this same building, but you know it closed. When I heard someone who was an owner or a chef from Rocca was opening a place there I was like, "ok, this is going to be great and we need this here".


Hello hello!

I have been having trouble uploading photos to my website for over a year now, but in the last 60 days it has actually become impossible to add my photos. As a result I have been waiting to publish posts because I can not find a solution for Blogger and it seems to be a wide spread issue with Google. I basically get whatever it chooses to upload and a lot of times it is nothing or maybe some outfit photos or some food photos.

As a result all of my posts, well some are delayed and I have been posting what I have access to like my Orlando trip and my last vacation. When I have access to the outfit for this post I will add it, I really can't wait any longer for this one since it is a new restaurant that I visited weeks ago.


Streetlight Tacos' traditional menu is inspired from the owners’ travels to the states of Mexico, Puebla, Hidalgo, Oaxaca, Morelos, and Tlaxcala.

Streetlight Tacos and their employees are committed to cooking techniques frequently used in restaurants, homes and street food locations throughout Mexico, Streetlight Taco offers a lunch and dinner menu with unique tacos loaded with wood-fired steak, fish, slow cooked pork, brisket, and chicken tinga. They also have vegetarian options like sweet potato and eggplant on their easy to use menu. A lot of items are gluten free as long as you avoid the fried items and wheat tortillas.


So, Streetlight taco did not dissapoint they actually exceeded my expectations. As someone that doesn't eat a lot of meat and more seafood I was so torn with the menu and that is why it took us a week to come in because I knew I wanted the shrimp tacos, but it said it was on a wheat tortilla and there was little detail about substitutions.

I will say, they have a great hands free system of ordering (very similar to Bartaco) and they have waiters who can also take your order so I just asked if I could have that taco on a corn tortilla and the answer was "Yes". There is actually options on their website to easily add allergies and my food came out first as well.


The drinks here were great. I love going for tacos, but sometimes I hate the drinks at some places and I had 2 cocktails here and they were made precisely excellent. I am so particular about my cocktails so trust me if I say they were good.






Chorizo queso and chips

The chips are not gluten free, but the queso is not.

I really wanted to try these, but my husband was simply going in on food and I was full already so I did not eat any. If I had it I also would have to have it sans chips, which is also fine with me because I am used to it.








Avocado rice
Gluten free

I actually hate avocado and I ordered this because I was worried I would not have enough food options since I only wanted seafood. I didn't eat it at all, but my husband said it was good. Neither of us are big on eating avocados and before y'all send the avocado police for me, I grew up with my mom having avocado all the time around me, I do not like it. period. I tolerate it in sushi, but any other time it is given to me I do not eat it. 

You may ask then why order it, I can tolerate small amounts of it and if it is a lot I remove it. I remove it all the time from dishes if it is served to me and I don't know the dish came with it, otherwise, I will say, "no avocado". I once told my friends I hated avocado and they took it as a personal insult. It is what it is. Remember, I am not giving my opinion on this rice because I did not eat it, I am just explaining why I ordered it and that I like small amounts so I was willing to try it.


Carnitas
Gluten free







Brisket
Gluten free


Chicken tinga.
Gluten free


Margrarita



So, unlike me, my husband is a meat eater and he did not order the shrimp tacos. I must say, these blew me away. First off, I do not think I have had a (full) corn tortilla since I found out I had Celiac Disease and it's been about 14 or 15 years. I almost always order tacos on Bibb lettuce because at the time in the mid 2000's that is what was offered because most places used wheat or corn and they were all cooked on the same surface. So, I was usually offered a lettuce wrapped taco; so I am used to it. 

I also haven't had a corn tortilla that was good in my opinion ever.

Well well well, they are very right about their methods and their tortillas here because I ate not only 1, but I ate 2. My husband couldn't believe it. The tortillas here are amazing. 

The shrimp taco was amazing and you get 4 or 5 very big shrimp that to me tasted like Key West shrimp which I love, but I could be wrong. I just want to say, every taco was amazing that we had, but seafood tacos can be very bland and high on acidity and this was pure decadence. It can be the only shrimp taco I ever have ever and I would be happy with that.

























No comments:

Post a Comment