Tuesday, July 18, 2023

"Airie in the City" Lona by Chef Richard Sandoval Grand Opening- Water Street | Fun Chic OOTN Moss Lost At Sea Crochet Duster

 





























Dress: Not recent, Red Dress Boutique

Cardigan: JLUXLABEL Moss Lost At Sea Crochet Duster

Heels: Vintage

Buckle Up Belt: Gingham and Pearls

Anklets: 3 different ones, C/O Ettika

Bracelet: Kendra Scott Abbie Statement in gold

Boone small cocktail ring in gold: Kendra Scott

Lipstick: MAC Show Orchid




We dined in at Lona tonight (opening night). I have been having a rather lackluster and disappointing time at Mexico restaurants as of late due to a surprising lack of gluten-free options and I must say, tonights dinner was fantastic!


There are plenty of gluten-free options, it isn't denoted on the menu and our waitress had to go ask, but I was basically told anything that comes with a corn tortilla us gluten-free free. I started off with the ceviche, it was a little salty, but not too salty for me. The shrimp were large and fantastic. The ceviche has a nice clean and crisp flavor with a hint of roasted pepper. Next, I had the fajitas with shrimp and steak. I loved the shrimp, I thought the steak was ok (hubs ended up eating the steak and he liked it). 


Per my husband the tortilla chips and salsa was the best he had in a restaurant to date. Located in the Tampa Marriott on Water Street (not to be confused with the newer JW Marriott across the street) this restaurant takes the place of Garrisons Tavern which I never visited despite having actually stayed at this hotel before. I was surprised there was so much space in the restaurant because it looked a lot smaller when Garrison's was there.

The vibes are vibing and if you know you know. I liked all of the decor, Mexican restaurants usually have a lot of attention to small details. There was also hand painted murals and skulls through out the restaurant on the walls. Its dimly lit and  overall just nice. I can see this place being absolutely lit during Gasparilla. 

We will be back. 
Happy Taco Tuesday loves.




Complimentary chips and salsa
This was the only thing that was not gluten free


Traditional Caipirinha 




Shrimp ceviche











Carne Asada




Shrimp Fajitas + Steak (upcharge)
Corn tortillas





Refried beans (I totally forgot the photo for the Mexican rice)





No comments:

Post a Comment