Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Burger Cravings! A Trip To Shack Shack in the Winter's Arctic Blast: Fury Turtle Neck + Vegan Leather Leggings + Louis Vuitton Rain Boots

 

















Sweater: Zara, not recent

Vegan leather leggings: Spanx (sold out) similar here.

Rain boots: Louis Vuitton

Bag: Louis Vuitton Alma PM



I was at a restaurant and I came in for a pre fixe menu only to find out only 2 items were gluten free out of five. The 2 not equalling a whole meal, much less a snack. I asked to have a bun-less burger which is basically the way most Celiacs eat burgers prior to people offering GF buns and warming them in a contamination free space. 

Okay, so I was told I could not have have a GF bun-less burger because they had no space on the cook top to make it because everything was for the other BUNS AND TORTILLAS. I was like damn. ok. I guess I'm gonna eat this little bit of food I already have and eat again when I get home. 

I asked if they could make me a burger in a cast iron pan too and they said no. All the cast iron or pans was reserved for sautéing vegetables, but it was like pretty early in the day and there was kind of no one there yet so I was shocked that I just got a flat out NO. BUT still, I didn't complain. I actually don't eat a lot of meat. I eat very little, so if and when I decide well, I want this burger it is happening. 

OK, so the next day I told hubs to take me Shake Shack. The french fries are not gluten free because they are cross contaminated due to sharing the same oil as the mushroom patties for the Vegan burgers, so he drove me (in the rain) to Chick Fil-A then took me to Shake Shack and I ordered a double bacon cheeseburger protein style (on lettuce because the bun is cross contaminated also at Shake Shack from their cooktop). 


Literally, I took one bite. I'm standing up. I'm dancing and I am smiling and going into foodiva mode and hubs just looking un-fazed bc he knows me and how I am. I have had so much trouble this year with food after I lost my sense of taste and smell and so in between that and being gluten free and not eating a lot of meat due to my autoimmune diseases that affect my diet, I was getting my life. Dancing while eating a double bacon cheeseburger on lettuce and it tasted so good!!!

This has many layers of importance. Tonight was all about the bite! Shake Shack makes a good burger. I hadn't even realized it had been almost 2 years since I had my first one. 

Secondly, I am a lucky woman, hubs did the most for me tonight and that is just one of the reasons I love him SO much. I am also lucky enough to live with in a very short proximity of both restaurants  that I can pick up things from both and this isn't the first time I have done this, I have also done it to eat at Burger Fi. Only 5 Guys has gluten free fries that are cooked in a dedicated fryer, but their burgers are not as good to us anymore. 

-ok story time over.


This was hubs regular cheeseburger, he has no allergies to food so he eats what he wants most of the time.









This is my Double bacon cheeseburger on lettuce (also referred to as protein style), surprisingly under 550 calories despite tasting so sinful!












No comments:

Post a Comment