Friday, January 13, 2023

Aircation: Stay Orlando: Hotel Ette the Wellness Luxury Boutique: The Barcelona Dress | Date Night: Kabooki Sushi Sandlake










Barcelona Dress; Shore Boutique

Sandals: Jimmy Choo Maelie in black

Necklace: C/O Ettika

Lipstick: MAC Tarnished Reputation


Kabooki Sushi
Sand Lake



So, we dined at Kabooki Sushi Sandlake. I think this is a great restaurant, 10/10 if you have no food allergies. They have a great menu, a la carte as well as omakase led by the James Beard nominated  Chef Henry Moso. Unfortunately, if you have Celiacs it isn't going to be as fun. I was told they could work around that, but pretty much the only things they could offer me was sashimi with no soy sauce. I actually would have just left, I have left restaurants that don't even have Tamari soy sauce because it's the bare minimum a sushi place could actually carry to cater to anyone with Celiacs or a gluten allergy. I also was told to try the special that day which was a stone crab claw which was 20$ for 1 crab claw and guess what, to my chagrin this also was served with no sauce. While I appreciate them Tempting to accommodate me, the experience was completely lacking. 

My husband however had a totally different experience and got to taste a lot off the menu. I will say just the basics, the fish was good, it was fresh, it was a very lively restaurant. My goals was to get into one of the three that ultimately got the Michelin Stars last year, but I couldn't get the scheduling right.

I for years have followed a lot of these restaurants before the Micheline Guide actually came to Florida and all of them are worth a good try to be honest. Kabooki Sushi is recommended  by the Micheline Guide as a place to visit although they won no stars in 2022.


Seaweed salad
Not gluten free


Scallop sashimi









Ora King Salmon from New Zealand sashimi



Stone crab tasting, should be served with truffle mustard aioli













No comments:

Post a Comment