Monday, January 23, 2023

Aircation: Stay Orlando: Hotel Ette the Wellness Luxury Boutique: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS | The Thelma Top + Jacques Trousers + Coach Mules | A Dinner to Remember at Seito Sushi Sandlake

 


I have been so excited to share this post. This was my 2nd best dinner on my Orlando trip. For a moment though, let's talk about the fit. For a while now I have been shopping US (obviously), Paris, Australia , Ghana, Brazil, and Indonesia. All of them environmentally safe and the fabrics are sustainable (mostly Cotten, Linen, or Viscose).

I had so much clothes from 2019-2021 to blog so I have been working these items in little by little since 2020. I usually wear these higher end outfits while on vacation (if you are wondering when they will pop up).

 I have always been a pretty mindful shopper and blogger because I feel I should lead by example. I obviously have and do still shop "Fast Fashion", but I do only at 2 stores and I always check the fabrics. I know a lot more can be done on my end right? I am doing what I can, I usually do not divulge things like this, but I did not accept an offer from a major "Fast Fashion" brand in 2022 that is virtually wrecking the environment as well as maybe involved in unethical practices with the people who make the clothes.

I have spent a lot of time cleaning out my closet and buying things that I like that represent me now and where I am in my life now because Fashion is also evolving.


Like most posts I say "I fell in love with this look at first sight". That is how I move to be honest, but I will spend time thinking about how many times would I wear this and ask myself a lot of questions before making a purchase.


I love Sezane! I actually bought my first item last year and I still haven't posted the photos (I will soon)! Sezane to me is like J.Crew. I am not even sure if I can say that lol. Anyhow, this outfit is so comfortable. It runs larger on me because I am petite (5'3 and I am also just small in general). It is everything you want in a laid back luxurious trip, outing or day.


You don't walk you saunter and with the added (also Parisian) Polene mini bag it is just fabulous. OK, and Coach teddy bear Shearling mules to boot. I love when vacation fully sets in and I can fully relax. I am always so stressed and I have so much anxiety and panic attacks it makes it hard to live in the moment for being scared. 

The feeling of soft fabric really calms me down in a way that is not like any other. For a while my husband and I have been working on how many days of vacation is the right amount for us to be truly relaxed. I save a lot of my looks for vacation because life in the city on the go is just that. I usually am on the go and on the street taking impromptu photos in public. I like when I am on vacation and I can just exist and take some damn good relaxed photos.


I don't mind if my clothes are a little big. Every moment of my day doesn't revolve around me looking snatched or showing how small I am. I like to be chic and comfortable and that has never changed.


I don't feel pressure  to smile. I like taking photos which show how I feel when they are taken and this is how i felt. I didn't feel like smiling, but I felt fabulous. 

                                  








The teddy bear shoes were a great investment. They are so comfortable! I believe  this is Sherpa, but I purchased them 2 Winter's ago from Coach and I have worn them so many times.

                            

 Thelma Top Sézane

 Jacques Trousers: Sézane

Shearling mules: Coach

Micro Bage: Polene

Lipstick: MAC


Seito Sushi Sandlake


So I have been wanting to dine at quite a few sushi restaurants that are new in Orlando. I used to never eat sushi in Orlando other than at Zeta Lounge and that was only out of convience. I can get sushi in Tampa so it was not something I was in a rush to do. Being a Celia it is actually harder to get sushi in most places because they may not have gluten free Tamari (soy sauce), they may not have gluten free rice wine vinegar which would mean all I can have is sashimi. I prefer sashimi now because I have been a Celiac now going on 11 or 12 years so that is 11 or 12 years I really have not had sushi. So anyhow, when it comes to sashimi and nagiri going to the Shogun Omakasi in St. Pete has ruined  me. I want an experience like that all the time!

So that brings to me to this place. There is a Seito Sushi in Baldwin Park and there is one in Dr. Phillips off Sandlake. I was recommended to come to this one Seito Sandlake because I was told the one in Baldwin Park had little to no gluten free options. I was really glad they were up front about that because that saved me a lot of time driving also.


So this is the 2nd best dinner experience of this vacation. This is just a regular dining experience for them and it's really on the level of an omakase. Everything was so damn delicious!!! Did I menention I had the last reservation of the night and they did a fabulous job with my order and made no mistakes!! Our waiter was a fellow foodie and he actually talked to us a lot about different things (all food related). It is rare you get a waiter who just really likes food on the same level and appreciation that you do and they want to talk.



Ramen- obviously not mine (hubs).
TONKOTSU RAMEN
SEITO'S BONE BROTH/ BERKSHIRE PORK BELLY/ SHITAKE MUSHROOM/CHARRED CORN/ BLACK GARLIC/HEART OF PALM/ LAKE MEDOW NATURAL EGG


We have a unspoken rule that he is not to eat ramen around me because I can't have it. I LOVE ramen, Tonkotsu to be specific. Once I found out I was a Celiac I had to stop eating it and it was heartbreaking for me, but I no longer miss it now, but I do sometimes crave the noodles. Anyhow, he thought the ramen was really great. This was a great precursor to a great dinner that wouldn't be overly fatty or filling which we both were greatfull for.





The cocktails here were good.


YELLOWTAIL CRUDO
CILANTRO/TRUFFLE PONZU/JALEPENO




FANNY BAY OYSTERS
IKURA/PONZU/PASSIONFRUIT SORBET/ WASABI/ SEA BEAM







O-TORO
EXTRA FATTY BLUEFIN TUNA







MACKEREL /YELLOWTAIL/SNAPPER/CRAZY RICH ASIANS









CRAZY, RICH, ASIAN
BLUEFIN TARTAR/ CAVIAR/UNI

This on the right was supposed to be a big deal, it was hard to photograph without it looking like a big pink blob so I got a few with the flash. I wasn't blown away by this, but I liked it and I liked that it even was an option for me. My husband liked it more than me, he likes extremely fatty toro so you know.




No comments:

Post a Comment