Thursday, August 12, 2021

What is the "Happening Hour" & Why You Should Check It Out + The Dreamy Maxi Dress By The Bay



So, today I want to touch on a local restaurant I absolutely love! Counter Culture is a new-ish restaurant owned by Jeanie Peoria and if you are familiar with her via Edison Food Lab then you know this food is fire. 

I come here often as I am also a South Tampa resident; the staff is beyond nice and a accommodating with my gluten restrictions. From what I can tell, the dinner menu hasn't changed too much since they opened, they added brunch from 8am to 3pm and now the "Happening Hour".

Things like this excite me! The "Happening Hour" is basically Happy Hour from 4pm to 6pm Monday though Friday. What is great is the focus isn't all on cocktails, every week the menu (which is five items) changes and I love that. This gives you an opportunity to try new and interesting things and at a good price. If you try all five items it is 23.00$ total or you can order what you want at five dollars each. 

We have been two times now and both times the food was phenomenal. This week's post is week one and I loved the ceviche. What's great is that you can still order from the dinner menu (which we did) and we had a pretty great dinner plus oysters (their oysters are very very good).

So, my loves, if you want to expand your palate or just tantalize it then check out the "Happening Hour. Both times we went it wasn't very busy and I felt 100% safe sitting outside and all of the staff wears masks by the way.

I don't know about you, but on Sunday I am waiting to see the menu for the week and if it's something I can eat (or hubs wants it) I am definitely checking it out! I'll share photos with you all, don't worry.

XOXO




Notes about today's look.
So, I purchased this dress last year as I felt "love at first sight" and we had just moved, we were quarantined and I was really just "over it". This is a "redemption" look because I didn't care for the photos from last year and I know I looked annoyed in them. But also, I am not a fan of getting dressed up to take photos and knowing full well I have no where to go. Now, I was planning date nights at least at home last year, so thats that. Anyway, I wanted to wear this dress and feel the freedom I once felt being outside and in the city!

It's really not busy in a lot of places we go so today it really looked like it was going to rain, but it didn't and I thought the dark and stormy weather made the dress pop more. Anyway, that's the story about the dress. If I find a similar dress I will link it.
















Maxi Dress: Red dress Boutique, not recent, love this one here and here

Louis Vuitton Kirigami Pouchette

Sandals: Jimmy Choo Maelie, in white

Fireworks crystal dangle Earrings: C/O Ettika

Pearl & mini links Necklace set: C/O Ettika


Bayshore Blvd




From their website: "727 to 813 is fabulous annual celebration of Tampa Bay involving events held in the Tampa Bay metro area between July 27 (727) and August 13 (813) highlighting all that makes our communities unique and incredible. We are so excited that the kick off celebration will be at Counter Culture! Come join us between 4-6 for amazing food and drink specials including a Beer and Burger on the Bay for $10!"


0 proof mocktail


Counter Culture
Little Gem Salad with grilled shrimp & Green Goddess Dressing
Gluten free





Roasted brick chicken + frites
not gluten free





French 75





Happening Hour items:


Hamachi Ceviche Tropical
gluten free


Curry tamarind glazed chicken wings
not gluten free



Modello Negra Tempura Relleno
not gluten free








2 comments:

  1. The tiered styling of that maxi-dress from Red Dress Boutique looks wonderfully feminine airy and very pretty! You looked fabulous wearing it in that beautiful waterfront locale. I also like the hair-bow and flower. I don't drink, and that 0 proof mocktail looks deliciously thirst quenching. Counter Culture and The Happening Hour sound lovely.

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete