Thursday, August 27, 2020

W Hotel Fort Lauderdale Review + Vacation Recap & Camera Roll At Fort Lauderdale Beach




Today, I am covering my review and vacation recap for the W Fort Lauderdale. As a Florida native I have been a lot of places as a kid. My parents always made sure to take me on vacations and let me bring my cousins or friends along. I am the youngest and there is actually almost a 10 year age gap between my oldest brother and I so often, I was the only one that was "forced" to go on vacation. I use the word "forced" lightly because around this time I was about 13-14 and wanted to do my "own thing" (whatever that means lol). 

So, I have been to Fort Lauderdale prior to this, but at my age now I don't remember a lot about the trip. Anyhow, so a lot of times when hubs and I go on vacation I have been there before, but maybe as a child, teen, or pre-teen. So, sometimes it is like the first time! And in 99% of the cases it is my husbands first time because he did not take any trips as a kid.


So, I am going to say right up front this is by far the sexiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I mean like hotel elevators painted black on the inside with sexy music playing, they have this amazing completely Instagrammable pool which has like a glass partition where you can go underwater and have someone take your photos from the outside. Their club The Livingroom was also lit and super sexy over looking the ocean. 





This was our room which we were told was actually the best room on the whole floor. Miami is a hop and skip away, but a lot of times people stay in Miami to make it seem like they are all that, let me tell you, this hotel is all that and more. This room was amazing, I have not one bad thing to say about my experience here. The staff was great, they have several restaurants  on the premises as well as the night club. The view was amazing and we had a corner room with a full balcony. This area is walkable- which let me say when I stayed on Miami Beach last year at the Fountaine Bleu it wasn't walkable at all, there were no restaurants  near by, our balcony was one of many connected balconies which anyone could access. It paled in comparison to this place.


I didn't get enough time here. I told my husband we would be back because I wasn't even there long enough to go back to Haakasaan. 

So, like I was saying the area is walkable. There are a lot of boutiques and restaurants overlooking Fort Lauderdale Beach as well as a plaza or meeting space (I am not really sure what to call it). So, it was Christmas time and all of that was decorated with Christmas Trees and there were little events going on within that plaza.






DUNE Fort Lauderdale (also overlooks the beach). I actually did not like this restaurant to be honest. Its beautiful, but I got glutened there and all I had was seafood, our waiter kept rushing me; For example when I was being seated he shoved the chair into my legs basically forced me into the chair while I was holding my purse, my camera, and trying to adjust my very very short dress. The cocktails were pretty unremarkable also which can be a deal breaker for me.




The Livingroom Lounge on the rooftop at the W (also overlooks the beach). Staff was really nice here, it was spacious and first come first serve. They have these amazing kettle chips they make and are complimentary. Drinks were also really good, I hate when I go to a place and they just over do the craft cocktails to where I have no idea whats even in it.
















I I saved the room photos for the end so just take them all in. All of these photos are of the room we stayed in. It was just beautiful and so peaceful. I can't wait to return and hopefully that will be this year. I can't swim, but I will be going to the pool because I did not get a chance to on my stay.






No comments:

Post a Comment