Thursday, August 20, 2020

Vacation Recap and Camera Roll: Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire w/ Royal Caribbean CL



I was waiting to do this recap until I posted the Fort Lauderdale posts because that actually was the start of this trip. Well, 8 months later I have a lot to say, but a lot is so different now. This was the best vacation I have been on and probably the longest (I was gone over ten days). I have always wanted to go to South America and at this point in my life this was the goal to visit the A.B.C. islands right off the coast of South America. This trip meant so much to both myself and husband and little did any of us know that only 1 to 2 months later we would be facing a pandemic. I am forever glad we went! We fell in love with the island of Curaçao and look forward to returning one day (maybe as home owners).


























1,000 steps beach Bonaire




The flamingos of Bonaire, this is their natural home in Bonaire NOT Aruba which is what people now think of because of the 5 flamingos the Renaissance Hotel bought, they came from here.



The Cadushy distillery  where alcohol  is made from cacti.







This is one of the salt pans which is why the water is pink


The salt pyramids  of Bonaire





White Slave a historical area. These are the white slave houses that were built on the beach by the salt mines.








I ate whatever I wanted which included gluten free pizza every night at 2am. Luckily we were one floor above the Pizzaria.














The beach at the Natural Bridge, Aruba






















The California Lighthouse of  Curaçao




Eagle Beach























No comments:

Post a Comment