Saturday, August 1, 2020

Stay Fort Lauderdale: Knot Back Crochet Cami Top & Ruffle Hem Skirt Set


The last post in an amazing vacation for my husband and I. It stated in Fort Lauderdale and ended with us touching just a little bit of the Caribbean off the coast of South America. I would like to say every trip changes you and is meaningful, but every trip isn't. We have taken a lot of memorable trips trust me, but none ever felt like this. The whole time I was on vacation I had this vulnerability that really I haven't felt I guess since maybe Cuba...I remember people asking me if I was a new bride. Well, it is a dream for me to go to South America. I always tell people I go where people are who look like me. I also just go where I don't have to fly to be honest, but the first part rings more true in my travels as most of my travel has been in the African Diaspora. Anyway, at this time this is the longest trip we have taken on vacation. I know some of you may remember I was in Manhattan for several weeks years ago, it was vacation for me sort of, but I was there with my husband who was working. California was also work for me. ln retrospect, most of our vacations are micro vacations because I work around my husbands schedule. Before Covid 19 he traveled a lot, now luckily he is home. But at the time of this trip we desperately needed a vacation and to reconnect with each other and the things we had in common with no outside influence. This was the perfect way to end our trip to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. 

I would have posted these a while ago, but this year everything went so insane and there just wasn't any time. Before I knew it, there was a pandemic and I was buying a house and moving. I was hoping that things would be different by Summer, but alas they are not. So, I had a feeling that by now on my anniversary I would be feeling some type of way (which I am) and so I just decided to save them for now. Because as much as I want to go to the beach, I won't unless it is completely safe. I won't go anywhere and unfortunately my county is a Covid hot spot so I have been isolated for now going on five months while most people in my timelines are partying like its 1999.

I am so thankful for every vacation, but this one especially because I never just stayed at home in the past I got out as much as possible.  I have these moments and reliving them this week has been awesome especially since it is our 14th wedding anniversary (we dated for 6 years so that is where the 19 comes from). I am happy to share just a very special moment in time with you all. I hope things can get under control soon. I just feel its up to me to at least do my part and be as safe as possible because if we want to return to this, we have to mask up, wash hands, and social distance.

I am really hoping though that I can go at least for a drive soon. Its a very strange feeling knowing I haven't left my home or block in 5 months. So here is to that. I hope you all have enjoyed the photos. I have a Cookbook filmed for YouTube (not edited yet because I was waiting to make all the blog posts). 

Be blessed and stay safe.


















Knot Back Crochet Cami Top & Ruffle Hem Skirt Set: Shein

Brunch- Eddison Food Lab
Gluten Free
Jerk chicken salad

                             

My husband ordered this and I don't really remember what it all was

Gluten free eggs and ham, this was supposed to be on a sandwich, but it is not because they did not have gluten free bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment