Monday, December 30, 2019

Last Brunch of the Decade + Some Sweet Local Beach Pictures: Comfortable Maxi Dress + Turban


Hi loves! What a year it has been!!! I am so happy to be finishing out the year with a fabulous brunch/dinner post. I have two sets of photos blended together here. Today we did do brunch at Rocco's, but you all have seen what we eat there and we got the same stuff today. The sun came out for like ten minutes as we visited the beach which was shocking. Its relatively overcast in Tampa in the Winter everyday so we were skeptical we would get anything usable. I am in my most comfortable element, maxi dress and turban. My hair is covered 90% of the time in real life because I am usually at home or running errands. If I have to go out I throw on one of my turbans and we are outtie. 

They next set of photos is actually from dinner Saturday at a hosted dinner for Mole Y Abuela. It was raining all day Saturday so again no photos outside, but I got the food. This year has been so freaking fun and fabulous and I thank every one of you for reading and subscribing to me. I realized at the start of this decade I started my blog and YouTube channel. I have been a content creator for almost ten full years and it feels so crazy to say that. Working, yes I said working has become so seamless now compared to when I first started and everything changed when I moved.

I wondered if I would ever get tired of it, but honestly, I am just getting started. I love what I do and I hope it shows. I have goals for 2020 and I hope I can find a way to make a bigger impact in my city and in the world.
XOXO

















Got Away From You Brown Leopard Print Maxi Dress :Red Dress Boutique

Heels: Sam Eddleman Aisha, not recent

Bow Turban: MakeupbyRose

Anklets: C/O Ettika

Spiritual high charm necklace: Ettika
Ava Rose Carolina Cuff: Rocksbox

Kendra Scott Didi Filigree Earrings in Gold, Rocksbox

Kendra Scott Aiden necklace, Rocksbox

Kendra Scott: Candice cuff, Rocksbox

Lipstick: Colorpop liquid metallic




I was invited in to Mole Y Abuela to meet with the manager and Chef after I had experienced a less than great meal this year. I was hosted to a dinner which included 9 out of 10 new menu items for 2020. I had a wonderful experience. I honestly had left that restaurant earlier this year not knowing if I would ever return. I was upset, but I did not really talk about it on my blog. It means a lot that they reached out to me to even try to make it up. 

I can say after meeting with Salina the manager and talking extensively with Chef Luis you can get a gluten free meal there and not worry. They confirmed that they have a dedicated gluten free fryer and a dedicated seafood fryer. There are only two or three items on the menu that contain gluten and can't be modified.


I was really impressed with the changes that were made to the menu. Every item we tried was great. I have some additional photos of food we tried that wasn't new that will be in my City Life VLOG. Along with the new menu items they also have added rice pilaf and black beans to a lot of the meals as sides to give a more satiating meal to customers and they have lowered prices. I was assured by Chef Luis the menu does say rice pilaf, but it is not traditional rice pilaf that contains orzo. It is just regular rice with seasonings.



Elotes

 The elotes are now served off the cobb.

Queso with fried plantains and chips


There was some questions about if the cheese in the queso was safe because it contained soy. It was brought to my attention by Chef Luis and I had my NIMA gluten tester and it was safe to eat. I am extremely  sensitive and I did not get sick from the soy in the cheese. Not all soy is contaminated with wheat by the way so that could be why the tester did not pick up any gluten.

Ropa Vieja
Gluten free chicken soup

This is not gluten free this was my husbands churro

Lemon sorbet with candied lemon zest

Gluten free chicken empanada- this also comes in a vegetarian version which I heard is awesome.


1 comment: