Sunday, December 15, 2019

Runaway: Celebrating Our Anniversary in Style At the Chef's Table Pre Six Course Dinner & Wine Pairing: Embroidered Maxi Dress + Heels



This month we are celebrating our anniversary of when we started dating Ibn high school which we do every year usually with some type of vacation. This is not the first night of our trip, but the actual anniversary dinner we had which was fantastic. For this trip a lot of the items I will share will not have links because I actually planned this vacation over a year and a half ago. I wasn't sure it was ever going to happen to be honest, but I waited and it became possible. A lot of planning went into the looks, so I can't wait to share all of them with you all and there will be a full YouTube lookbook in January. This is a very long detailed trip as it was the longest vacation we have ever taken. 

Tonight's look is one that has been very popular for the last few years. Every floral lace dress I found was a certain body con type style that I did not care for. When I found this dress I loved the color and the style immediately and luckily, it was on sale and in stock in my size. It has a fitted boddess on the inside (a full dress) and fits true to size.

Tonight's dinner was the "Chef's Table" which is something that is not a new concept on board Royal Carribean, but the first time we tried it. We were totally blown away at the dinner. Cruise food is never really great as mot people know and the idea of paying for someone to make us dinner (when cruises have tons of already included meals in abundance) was never appealing. If you are planning to cruise in the future this is something you don't want to skip if you have the money. Trust Me!











Catwalk Couture Nude Embroidered Maxi Dress: Red Dress Boutique (I will try to find a similar dress to link since this one sold out during Black Friday).

Heels: Not recent, Just Fab

Cuff: Kendra Scott, Candice

Earrings: C/O Ettika



Dining experience with Royal Caribbean

The Chef's Table is a pre-fix dinner at 85.99 a person. This one included a wine pairing which if you don't drink you can get 20% off for the wine portion. A sommelier walks you through in detail which wines you will be tasting, will provide info about each wine, and then tell you what you should taste when its paired with the course it was chosen for. Initially I wanted to skip the wine portion because I stopped drinking wine in April of this year, but I felt like I would be really missing out on the full experience by doing that so I went on ahead and did the full pairing and I am so glad that I did. The experience takes about two hours total and the Chef comes out to explain each course.

To put it simply, this did not taste at all like the other food that was being served on the ship. RC has four other paid restaurants and a Baskin Robbins. In most cases the food that is served in Chops Grille & Giovanni's does taste pretty much like the same food that you can find in. the main dining room so it kind of doesn't feel worth the money. This was totally different. Maybe it was the Chef's attention to detail and level of expertise, maybe the food was a higher quality, I am not sure. It was with out a doubt now one of the top five best dinners and dining experiences I have had this year.

By the end of dinner several people came by to ask how we got that food and how can they have it. This experience sales out fast once the cruise starts because it is only for six to twelve people per night. If you are interested in it I would say book it in advance through the cruise planner (that is what I did) or you can book it the first night of the cruise for later in the week. Later this week I will post the full dinner experience on my Instagram stories so you guys can get an unclose perspective. That desert at the end was mind blowing and you have to see it in video- trust me!

As far as dietary restrictions  go, its best to tell the sommelier in advance so the info can be relayed to the Chef. All of my meals were gluten free and for the most part resembled  exactly what the other guests had which was great. Very few items had to be omitted  from the meal and I did not need to double check or ask any questions. They didn't miss a beat when it came to giving me gluten free courses and that is what made this dinner the best. I did a similar dinner in February at a local restaurant and even though they had my dietary restrictions in advance they still brought me courses containing gluten and then got an attitude with me when I pointed it out.


COURSE 1 TUNA CARPACCIO paired with Pinot Grigio 

COURSE 2 SMOKED TOMATO SOUP paired with Chardonnay 

COURSE 3 MAINE LOBSTER SALAD

COURSE 4 ROASTED BRANZINO

COURSE 5 GRILLED PRIME FILET Paired With Caymus

COURSE 6 THE WORLD paired with espresso martini


COURSE ONE


COURSE TWO


 COURSE THREE



COURSE FOUR
BRANZINO


COURSE FIVE
PRIME FILET



COURSE FIVE
ESSPRESSO MARTINI & DESERT

The final course titled
THE WORLD

The final course titled
THE WORLD



Sommolier Irena
Chef Suresh







No comments:

Post a Comment