Thursday, December 26, 2019

Bon Bini (Welcome) to Aruba! A Trip to the Natural Bridge... Crop Top + Striped Culotte Pants + Heels


Happy Friday loves! Now that Christmas is over I can start posting my vacation photos. I have been wanting to share them for two weeks now!!! This is my first post showing destinations and this trip meant so much to me. I started planning the Aruba trip over a year and a half ago. All the clothes I am wearing I bought literally a year and a half ago so not all of them will have links, but the ones that do are on sale now. So much of my life was going crazy last year in the Fall I could not possibly take this trip when I originally planned it; I started to wonder if it would ever even happen to be honest. It was around June after yet another cancelled trip that I came across this cruise.
I booked the trip without even having renewed our passports which expired this year. Everything came together, although I do not like my new passport photo. This trip meant so much to me, more than any of you could imagine.

Going from undergrad, grad school, being married, buying and selling a house, loosing 72 pounds, and dealing with all these other issues with my health we have not taken a trip longer than 4 to 5 days in more than five years. I was gone for almost two weeks and I was so scared to leave my cats for that long, but at this point it was like not even a choice because we needed this time. My husband whom I try to respect his privacy works a pretty stressful job and it never ends for him. He travels a lot, he works more than 40 hours a week every week all while taking my photos and doing things to make me happy like going on my weekend adventures and date nights that I plan.

Other than being the best I can be to him, I try to plan really great trips where he can disconnect from the internet and actually sleep and reconnect with me and we can have fun. That is what I love about cruises, they can be a total waste of time at sea, but a complete reconnection that you won't get unless you go somewhere secluded. This is the first cruise where we had the funds to do everything we wanted because like I said, we started cruising in 2006 (we have not been on 14 cruises) when we were first married and in college. It was the best experience we have had on a cruise and on Royal Caribbean, but I plan to share all that in my recap later.

For now, I hope you all enjoy the posts- there are a lot. I wanted to visit the Natural bridge so much (although it wasn't the top place I wanted to visit in Aruba). It was truly beautiful like if I had to compare it to anywhere else I have ever been then I would say Alaska. It was the rainy season there so some of my photos may look a little foggy. This is truly one of the most beautiful places ever. Aruba is sub desert with volcanic rocks that washed ashore 30 million years ago although they have no active volcanos. I would 100% return or even live there.


















Crop Top Lulus Faithfull Brand

Cullottes: Lulus Faithfull Brand

Heels: Chinese Laundry, Hotness, not recent

Hair clips: C/O Ettika

Necklace: C/O Ettika

Earrings: C/O Ettika

Lipstick: C/O Avon


LUNCH- CHOPS GRILL
Lunch at Chops Grille- Royal Caribbean
Gluten free mushroom soup

gluten free shrimp cocktail

Gluten free chicken Cesar salad

Steak salad

Goat cheese tator tots


No comments:

Post a Comment