Monday, August 6, 2018

Weekend Adventures: Taco Dirty Opening & Zoo Tampa Day: Flamingo Print Crop Tee + Skater Skirt + Flats


Happy Taco Tuesday! I have a timely blog post today in honor of Taco Tuesday. This weekend we got to visit one of SoHo's newest restaurants "Taco Dirty" as well as have a little weekend adventure. We have been planning to go to the zoo since May, but with my insane insomnia I kept pushing it back week after week after having purchased our tickets almost 2 months ago. The great thing about vacation for me is that I am able to reset my internal clock and when I come home I usually can get a good 3 weeks of good sleep before I start slipping back.

So, I absolutely love flamingos, like love them. I had this whole outfit planned out so we could party lol. These Kate Spade flamingo earrings were not cheap, but I couldn't let them go (from my May Rocksbox I think) and I made sure I would get my moneys worth out of them!!! So it was hot as all hell on Saturday as usual; we visited the Florida exhibit and the Asia exhibit and came home to cool off. We are pass holders so we will be back again later this year when it isn't so hot and get some shots in the other areas.


I don't know if you guys notice how fabulous my Fenty Beauty foundation looks, but its because I used my new Juno & Co microfiber velvet beauty blender sponge. It's supposed to give you a air brushed finish which it does! I absolutely love the results! Before I was using my Fenty Beauty beauty blender.




So you guys know my husband takes my photos. Sometimes he rushes and this happens. I absolutely love this photo, but it is blurry. I wanted to share it anyway.








Shein Flamingo Print Crop Tee
Skater skirt: Not recent
Flamingo Earrings: Kate Spade Rocksbox
Cuff: Kendra Scott Candace Cuff Rocksbox
Flats: Shoedazzle
Lipstick: MAC Lickable


So, Taco Dirty is the newest addition to the Ciccio's Restaurants group. I gathered from the description it basically was like Fresh Kitchen, but Mexican and I was correct. The restaurant is set up exactly like Fresh Kitchen, same concept, and you get bowls starting with 2 bases, 2 veggies, 2 proteins. Obviously, its SoHo so people are going to flock here; SoHo has some of the best health conscious restaurants in Tampa and in South Tampa to be specific. We came here on the day of the grand opening, but they closed early and I wasn't sure why so Saturday was the day we came by again.




So, it's pretty straight forward about the type of the food (hormone free & antibiotic free) and if its Vegan or Gluten Free etc. I noticed they did not label anything gluten free that is naturally gluten free so I am not 100% sure if the avocado broccoli and a few other items were GF. I did however see that they had GF fried chicken (it was more like a chicken nugget) and I had to try that. It was pretty good to be honest. So my husband actually had more trouble than me because he is on a Keto diet. This place isn't exactly Keto friendly. He built a pretty basic bowl of pineapple pork, guacamole, jelepenos, and cheese. All in all, I really kind of left there thinking about Green Lemon and Fresh Kitchen. Everything was good, but I would prefer to have more options for veggies that aren't coated in avocado flour and things like that. My bowl had lime chicken and the GF fried chicken which was great.




My gluten free bowl:
GF fried chicken
lime chicken
lettuce
queso
black beans
Mexican quinoa
sautéed onions and mushrooms 

Hubby's bowl:
pineapple pork
guacamole
lettuce
cheese
jalapeños











Links à la Mode, September 6th, 2018
SPONSOR: Amazon's Shopbop A.L.C., Helmut Lang Dresses, BaubleBar Jewelry, ei8htdreams, Kolor, Paco Rabanne, Boyfriend Blazers, Crew Neck Knits, Kitten Heels, Men's Tretorn

No comments:

Post a Comment