Thursday, August 16, 2018

Interactive Art Show at Armature Works: Gigham Top + Wide Bell Bottomed Jeans + Gingham Espidrilles

                             

Happy Friday loves! We have a great post on an interactive art show that I went to at Heights Public Market also known as the Armature Works. I absolutely love this place and it makes for such a great date night because there are so many options to choose from and they are integrating gluten free options for those with dietary restrictions.


                               














So this is the interactive art show which is basically local artists painting over the course of three hours and the focus is on something within this 15k sq. ft space that inspires them. This guy at the top won the challenge with the most votes.





I ended up bringing this painting home for a great price and it was still wet when I purchased it. I can't wait to get a larger space to show it off properly.

Graze 1910

So... this sandwich comes with a story. It's rare that I will write a bad review on a restaurant because I can try to find something anything to highlight my experience. I went to Graze 1910 at Heights Public Market (Armature Works) because they- Graze 1910 advertised that they had a gluten free bun finally and to come on down and try it!! I went there, I ordered the chicken salad sandwich and the first person was like "this isn't on the menu with this bun I have to get permission". So, I was like cool, I will be back in a little while while you get permission. I come back and speak with the manager and she says the same thing, "This isn't on the menu with the gluten free bun, buns are only for burgers, I have to get permission from the chef..." Like, wasn't the other person getting permission? Basically, they gave me the entire run around on ordering this smoked chicken salad sandwich on a gluten free bun. Its on the menu- just on regular wheat toast.

The fact that I wanted the bun somehow confused them. To boot- I asked to add cheese and I was told "no, you are lucky you are getting this because it's not even on the menu." I was so floored because how hard is it to put this chicken salad on this bun, like really. And I was charged extra for the bun!

Here is the kicker, I saw this post earlier that day and saved it. I went there because they advertised the SAME SANDWICH ON A GLUTEN FREE BUN that I ordered and I was told it wasn't on the menu and treated like I was being done a favor, charged extra, and denied cheese. I am not beyond calling out a restaurant for bad customer service. A lot of times it usually has to do with gluten. But for them to literally advertise the sandwich that day and then give me the absolute run around about this bun was ridiculous and I won't be returning to Graze 1910 and the sandwich was actually really good and I tested it with my NIMA tester and it was gluten free and cooked on a safe surface. Oh well. I thought buns were only for burgers though?



Cru Cellars charcuterie

gluten free BBQ ribs and pulled pork at Butcher N BBQ



No comments:

Post a Comment