Friday, December 30, 2016

VLOG CITY LIFE: December 2016 Wanderlust in The City

Holiday heels from my shoe collection





Snow on 7th Parade

Snow on 7th parade
This has been a whirlwind of a month! December is my favorite month of the year because I love the Christmas energy and festivities! I made it my mission to go to as many Christmas events as possible and take photos in front of as many Christmas trees as possible! Needless to say, I drove my husband absolutely crazy, but he was a great sport. I think I was able to pose in front of 14 Christmas trees. So, for this month's city life vlog I have a lot of photos seeing that when the month started I was in the Caribbean!  

dem babies


                         


Something I always do at the end of the year is donate clothes to charity since I accumulate so many new items due to being a blogger. My rule of thumb is if you haven't worn it in over 6 months it has to go!  I was able to significantly clean all three of my closets and I even found 2 great vintage items at $12.00 each.


I didn't have a set project this month, but I did spend a lot of time on home decor. Since I was inspired by my holiday table setting I decided to get a few cute items for the condo. Now, I am currently working on a New Years table setting.


Magical Snow at Bay Street event





loosing my mind over fake snow lol.




GF- Chicken Shawarma with basmati rice and olives


Lighted boat parade on Tampa's riverwalk

Wine tasting







Fitness: Fitness was pretty cool this month because I worked out a lot. This month I made a lot of improvements on my yoga poses and I can see the difference in how limber I am becoming which is exciting. My goal is to be able to do a split and a head stand by 3 months, I have little upper body strength so this is going to be a challenge.  I think I did a great job of staying on track this month with fitness and food, it looks like maintained my current weight so I am going to keep going at a steady pace.






GF- Creme Brule at Bull & Bear on our anniversary

GF- Pan seared muscles and clams

GF- Rib eye at Tampa's Timpano






NIMA: I have had NIMA now for 3 months. It has saved me so many times from getting glutened while at restaurants! I wanted to test some of the items that I always order that have never made me sick, but I still was never sure if they were 100% gluten free. Below you will see yellow rice, roast pork, and black beans from my favorite Cuban restaurant. I tested this food and I was so happy that it was in fact gluten free.

One strange thing I never thought about is that NIMA only tests to 20ppm so what happens if I get the smiley face indicating its safe to eat, but really its 19ppm? This is just my theory, but yes, it did happen and I got sick! Parts per million, high gluten, and low gluten are not things that I usually worry about since 99% of the food I buy are unprocessed whole foods or foods that are certified gluten free so they should be 10 ppm or less. I have been on a gluten free diet for 5.5 years now and it always amazes me how much there is still  to learn!



ALL GLUTEN FREE FOODS COOKED BY ME:

Cheesy egg whites (scrambled)

Ssauteed mushrooms




spicy Gluten free ramen noodle soup

Jerk chicken leg quarters in gravy


Mushroom Gluten free ramen noodle soup







No comments:

Post a Comment