Skip to main content

December 2016 City Life VLOG: Wanderlust in The City

Holiday heels from my shoe collection

Snow on 7th Parade

Snow on 7th parade
This has been a whirlwind of a month! December is my favorite month of the year because I love the Christmas energy and festivities! I made it my mission to go to as many Christmas events as possible and take photos in front of as many Christmas trees as possible! Needless to say, I drove my husband absolutely crazy, but he was a great sport. I think I was able to pose in front of 14 Christmas trees. So, for this month's city life vlog I have a lot of photos seeing that when the month started I was in the Caribbean!  

dem babies


                         


Something I always do at the end of the year is donate clothes to charity since I accumulate so many new items due to being a blogger. My rule of thumb is if you haven't worn it in over 6 months it has to go!  I was able to significantly clean all three of my closets and I even found 2 great vintage items at $12.00 each.


I didn't have a set project this month, but I did spend a lot of time on home decor. Since I was inspired by my holiday table setting I decided to get a few cute items for the condo. Now, I am currently working on a New Years table setting.


Magical Snow at Bay Street event





loosing my mind over fake snow lol.




GF- Chicken Shawarma with basmati rice and olives


Lighted boat parade on Tampa's riverwalk

Wine tasting







Fitness: Fitness was pretty cool this month because I worked out a lot. This month I made a lot of improvements on my yoga poses and I can see the difference in how limber I am becoming which is exciting. My goal is to be able to do a split and a head stand by 3 months, I have little upper body strength so this is going to be a challenge.  I think I did a great job of staying on track this month with fitness and food, it looks like maintained my current weight so I am going to keep going at a steady pace.






GF- Creme Brule at Bull & Bear on our anniversary

GF- Pan seared muscles and clams

GF- Rib eye at Tampa's Timpano






NIMA: I have had NIMA now for 3 months. It has saved me so many times from getting glutened while at restaurants! I wanted to test some of the items that I always order that have never made me sick, but I still was never sure if they were 100% gluten free. Below you will see yellow rice, roast pork, and black beans from my favorite Cuban restaurant. I tested this food and I was so happy that it was in fact gluten free.

One strange thing I never thought about is that NIMA only tests to 20ppm so what happens if I get the smiley face indicating its safe to eat, but really its 19ppm? This is just my theory, but yes, it did happen and I got sick! Parts per million, high gluten, and low gluten are not things that I usually worry about since 99% of the food I buy are unprocessed whole foods or foods that are certified gluten free so they should be 10 ppm or less. I have been on a gluten free diet for 5.5 years now and it always amazes me how much there is still  to learn!



ALL GLUTEN FREE FOODS COOKED BY ME:

Cheesy egg whites (scrambled)

Ssauteed mushrooms




spicy Gluten free ramen noodle soup

Jerk chicken leg quarters in gravy


Mushroom Gluten free ramen noodle soup







Popular posts from this blog

The Husband Tag

Hi guys! This a requested video that I am finally putting up! I hope you all enjoy it!

The YouTube Video
                                                         Husband Tag Questions

1.Where did you meet?

2.How long did you date before getting married?

3.What is your favorite feature of me?

4.Favorite Quality?

5.What is my favorite color?

6.What is my favorite food?

7.What is my favorite sports team?

8.What is my favorite t.v. show?

9.What kind of salad dressing am I most likely to get on my salad at a restaurant?

10.What food do I not like?

11.What size shoe do I wear?

12.What is my favorite type of sandwich?

13.If I could eat one thing everyday what would it be?

14.What is my favorite cereal?

15.What is my favorite music?

16.What is my eye color?

17.Who is my best friend?

18.What is something I do that you wish I wouldn't?

19.What is my heritage /where I am from?

20.Did I play any sports?

21.If you baked me a cake what kind would I like?

22.What is one unique talent I have?

  …

October Fabletics Collection: Dream Catchers

I had a lot of fun this month working out in the dream catchers" collection. I was originally drawn to this collection because of the vibrant iris color. All of the items shown below are totally unique to Fabletics meaning they have not been released in past collections. I pretty much loved everything I worked out in and everything was true to size.

This was the first month ever that Fabletics came out with a high waisted legging! They are pretty soft,  I found the fabric to be thicker than usual so this is a legging that I would wear during the cooler winter months.  I also want to note I got this legging in the 25 inch inseam. Out of all the outfits this one was probably my least favorite. The fabric seems to be twice as thick thank the fabric used on the other leggings so its not that comfortable and feels more restricting. The bra seems to be the same fabric as the bottoms. 
Next, the high waist rolls down about an inch while working out. This may not bother some people, but…

Fashion Friday: A visit to Wisteria Lane

Happy Friday everyone!!!