Thursday, April 25, 2024

Challengers Pre-Screening (#Hosted) + Falabella Family Bistro with Offline Tampa Bay + LOTN Inspired by the Movie Challengers: DVF + Jimmy Choo

 

This is going to be one of those full date night ppsts becausse it includes dinner and a movie! Tonight I was invited to the pre-screening of Challengers starring Zendaya.


Here is a little bit about the movie: 

From visionary filmmaker Luca Guadagnino, Challengers stars Zendaya as Tashi Duncan, a former tennis prodigy turned coach and a force of nature who makes no apologies for her game on and off the court.

 Married to a champion on a losing streak (Mike Faist – West Side Story), Tashi’s strategy for her husband’s redemption takes a surprising turn when he must face off against the washed-up Patrick (Josh O’Connor – The Crown) – his former best friend and Tashi’s former boyfriend. As their pasts and presents collide, and tensions run high, Tashi must ask herself, what will it cost to win?

                               


So, we were implored to dress in our best tennis chic looks. Now, for me, I immediately was thinking so we are wearing sportswear? Then I thought about all the outfits she has worn on the press tour for this movie and how I could draw inspiration. 

I love how Zendaya has been killing us softly with looks almost everyday during the press tour for Challengers; styled by her personal stylist Law Roach . I thought to myself, well, I think something along the lines of how Z has been dressing would count. 


So, I thought about this dress which I haven't worn yet. I actually had no idea where I was going to wear it and when. So, I think this was a good choice. Here are some references too her Challengers press tour looks here.

Inspiration here:



Now, I have been to countless pre-screenings and only a few times do they want us to dress a certain way. The only two times did I see people actually do this was at the Wakanda Forever pre-screening and of course Barbie last Summer. Tonight, not so much, but we had dinner afterwards so the look was not waisted.



CURRENTLY: Now, I told you guys I just got glutened last Thursday. My skin condition is completely flared up on my scalp and face (in particular around my eyes). So, my hair and makeup around my eyes to me is a little off, but I am getting through the flare up as best as I can. With my scalp I can't really do anything for a few days because it literally hurts to touch so my hair is just going crazy despite the fact that this wash and go le sigh is only four days old. I am going to have to do another protective style until I feel better.

Yall I was just now only starting to reco er from the glutening in December! I am having a rough time with this, but I think this time won't be so bad because the autoimmune reaction has been not as bad as the last time.

 It's different everytime and it really has to do with how much gluten was consumed which would be measured in parts per million. When I have the scalp issues my main concern is making sure my hair doesn't start shedding which has happened before once pretty badly in 2014.
























Dress: DVF X Target (Diane Von Furstenberg)

Heels: Jimmy Choo Abel, these are no longer sold, here is a similar heel.

Necklace: Tiffany's Love Locket

Bangles: Kendra Scott 

Earrings: Kendra Scott 

Lipstick: MAC 2023 Holiday collection: 


We are dining tonight with my membership to Offline Tampa Bay. I have my referral code linked if you guys are interested in signing up! You will get a discount and 1 month free for using my link. Every month you get to choose two restaurants of any type in their portfolio to visit and Offline will give YOU in between 10 to 40.00$ to eat there. For my husband and I we are looking at a restaurant savings of 900.00$ a year because we joined Offline. 

Why did I join? I thought the concept was really cool. They have a lot of restaurants I have never even heard of and I am a Tampa Native. I love trying new restaurants and what's nice is that Offline has already vetted them, created content, and provides all that info on their mobile app. It is so easy.


Offline Tampa Bay is a restaurant membership which gives you access to some of thr greatest local spots and gives you money to dine. When I signed up I got my first month free as well as a discounted holiday rate.


Tonight we visited Falabella which is located at KRATE in Wesley Chapel outside of Tampa.






















No comments:

Post a Comment