Monday, March 25, 2024

Girl On Holiday: On Island Time: Aircation | Country #24 Bermuda | Leif Maxi Set + Louis Vuitton + Jacquemus


I visited this area, remarking at the time to my husband of how much it reminded me of a specific area in the Tampa Bay area, not knowing the full extent of the history as we were exploring on our own. I always find myself in countries that are a part of the African Diaspora, and people never ask me why is that important to ME or us, but they look down on such places like they aren't good enough for travel. These countries matter as much as their counterparts.

However, as a person who has visited many countries in the African Diaspora I feel it's always worth it and it always counts, but it should be clear where you are visiting and why and I am referencing this exact area as we weren't given much information at this historical site in order to properly hold reverance. The dame thing actually happened to us in Savanah, GA also, but that was my fault because Google is free. Anyway...

 Now, months later I do know this was not exactly as it was marketed to be, but the next time I am here I will pay my proper respect as a person who has ancestors of the enslaved, it is always important.

This is the Royal Naval Dockyard,  Ireland Island, Bermuda, and I am so glad I got to bring my husband here for our anniversary. 

🇧🇲 Bermuda 



















 Lilly Pulitzer Leif Maxi Set, not recent 

Purse: Jacquemus Le Chiquito moyen

Mules: Louis Vuitton 

Jewelry: earrings and Rayne necklace, Kendra Scottt

Earrings: Kendra Scott

Lipstick: MAC Sushi Kiss


Formal Dining Room






✨️Carne Asada:

Chili-marinated and grilled flank steak with

Mexican-style rice, pinto beans, sautéed

spinach and peppers, finished with a bright

salsa verde.



✨️Butter Chicken:

Tender chicken in a rich curry of spiced tomato, butter, and cream, served with jasmine rice, crispy papadum, roti, and raita.









✨️Spaghetti Bolognese:

Rich and meaty sauce with San Marzano

tomatoes, roasted garlic, Parmesan cheese

and fresh parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment