Tuesday, March 12, 2024

February City Life VLOG 2024: Happy Black History Month! Dillard's Capsule Collection Haul by "The Style Bungalow X Antonio Melani" | Monthly Re-cap | City Dates & Brunches | Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals + Fitness Update


Today, I got to preview and pre-order from the new capsule collection and collaboration by Florida Style Blogger Stephanie Hill also known as The Style Bungalow. I have been blogging almost 15 years and I have been following Stephanie, fellow Florida Style Blogger for about 5 years via Instagram.

Our styles and lifestyles are actually very similar and I was ecstatic when she announced her collaboration with Antonio Melani capsule with Dillards. 
It launched Feb. 26! I hope you all stick around to see what I purchased today and how I style it! 


Dillard's Capsule Collection Haul by The Style Bungalow X Antonio Melani 



I am not gonna lie, the clothes are at the price point that I am used to shopping at, however they are pricey. I thought I was pretty conservative in my purchase here, but I did spend a lot more than I expected by about 500$ Now, that happened because I did not realize this skirt that is made like a gown was actually 400+

It is such a beautiful skirt and one of the main items I wanted. I think the fabric and the whole line is really well made. Stephanie herself is petite like I am so I think she did a really great job at knowing where to line up the hemlines and zippers etc for us short girls. I am coming in at 5'3 and this skirt made like a gown is long. My husband protested that I not get it due to the fact that it was so long, but I exclaimed with a pair of heels, it will be fine.











The day of the launch I came back into Dillard's to pick up my pre-order.


This line is only being offered at 5 Dillards stores in the United States (yay, that my store was one of them). You can find everything online. I personally saw at least two more items I wanted to buy online that they did not have in the store at all.








More Hauls:





Le Labo

Extra photos didn't make the blog this month:
















COLLABORATIONS:


Partnership with Ryze Superfoods

Ryze Superfoods has developed a breakfast that takes just 30 seconds to make before bed; in the morning, you will wake up to a supercharged breakfast. Overnight oats w/
20g of protein that tastes great.











Collaboration with 
Los Chapos Tacos
Ybor












IN THE CITY:

DINNER/BRUNCH/LUNCH


Streetlight Taco







Sunda New Asian



Luvchild
Soho







Byblos
Palma Ceia







GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.


COLLABORATION WITH ROYAL MAHOUT
#PUBLIXPARTNER





















BEEF STEW


Ingredients 





METHOD

  • *Season beef with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
    *Add beef to cast iron and cook until the outside is seared on all sides; evenly browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
    *Place potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaf into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef broth mixture; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with beef.
  • *Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or until beef is tender.
  • *Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or until beef is fork-tender.












Carne Asada street tacos





Daahl Fry with grilled chicken







Airfryer
Old Bay seasoned wings
(I just came up with a blend of mixes







Peppersteak or Beef & Peppers


  • INGREDIENTS

  • *1 Rib Eye steak which you will cut into thin strips
  • *4 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons Tamari (really I do this to taste)
  • *1 Can of beef broth (I use Pacific brand or Swansons).
  • *1 tbsp rice wine (I use the only gluten-free brand that Trader Joe's sells).
  • *3 tsp cornstarchI use brand
  • *1 tbsp EVOO
  • *1/2 large onionroughly chopped
  • *1 bell peppersliced into thin strips
  • *1/2 tsp black pepper
  • *crushed red pepper flakes
  • *One tablespoon ginger
  • *Salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste


METHOD

  • *Slice beef into thin slices with the grain. Cut each strip across the grain about 1" long so you have small thin slices. 

    • *PUT all of your wet ingredients and spices into a bowl (4 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of rice wine, 1 tsp cornstarch, 1 can of beef broth, and black pepper). Whisk it until it is evenly mixed and the cornstarch is dissolved. Set to the side.

      *Add the beef spread evenly in the cast iron add a little salt, black pepper, and if you have it steak seasoning. Cook spread out evenly on medium high heat for 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

      *Add remaining teaspoon of oil to cast iron, add peppers and onions and cook about4 to 5 minutes. Return beef to the wok, add the cornstarch sauce and red pepper flakes and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.

      Serve with white rice or sticky rice. I garnished with green onion. I also used about 3 times the amount of cornstarch to get a nice thick velvety texture or gravy.






No comments:

Post a Comment