Monday, May 29, 2023

Memorial Day Weekend Joe's Crab Shack- Clearwater | Crochet & Curls OOTD


















2 pc. Yellow Crochet Set not recent

Iced out Initial Necklace:C/O CAPSUL Jewelry

Pineapple Earrings: Kate Spade Rocksbox

Necklace: C/O ETTIKA







Joe's Crab Shack- Clearwater 




We had a great time at Joe's Crab Shack, so much so that we came back and got takeout as well. We came in with not a lot of time left to order, and the staff was still happy and willing to let us order some steam pots. I have dined at this location before years ago when it first opened and it was always super busy with 45 minute wait times. This was around the time when there was no "crab shack type places around here that the non-country non-Floridans knew about. If you are a native Floridian you know where to go to get a blue crab boil easy.

The appeal here for me and probably for many was the Snow crabs and Dungeness crabs. You are not really going to get that for cheap local because blue crabs are local and cheap here, you can literally just go out and catch some with no problem. Anyway, so, it pretty much looks the same as the last time I was here probably 13 years ago and I am so happy they have a gluten-free menu now just because it makes me more comfortable and removes having to guess or hope certain things are GF (that is why it has been 13 years since I been back). 


All Dungeness crab


I ordered the classic steam pot with sausage, shrimp, corn, potatoes, snow crabs, and Dungeness. My husband had the Dungeness steamer. The crab was very clean, fresh, and well seasoned (I love me some Old Bay Seasoning). The corn and potatoes were fresh. The snow crab was so good that I hadn't had it in forever. Before the pandemic, we used to get unlimited snow crab at the buffet for brunch and I used to do a crab boil at home every other month. 

Like, the last two years the demand for crab legs and the ultimate grand opening and grand closing of snow crab season this year and last year left me craving the sweet sweet taste of juicy snow crabs for months.This literally was the first time I have had snow crabs in over a year because it is not available.

I can make this at home with another type of crab, but not having to cook it and clean crabs was so great for once. Having snow crabs was finally so great, there is still an up charge right because there is a shortage of crabs right now, but I will do it again and again until I just don't want to see another damn snow crab leg, but I know that won't happen because I am a local girl.



Classic steam pot
Gluten free
Dungeness, snow crab, corn, potatoes, shrimp, sausage


No comments:

Post a Comment