Saturday, July 4, 2020

4th of July Maxi Dress + Espidrilles...Oyster Omakase At Home + Chimichurri Grilled Steak Skewers



Happy 4th or as I would say Juneteenth. There is a movement to get the celebration of Juneteenth to last all the way to Independence Day because we are not all free if everyone is not free. This holiday has always been one that was just for cookouts, I Never felt or lived like this was "my holiday" same with Thanksgiving which I mildly tolerate. So, on this day I do what we always do, we eat, I have some good drinks and wear something cute and watch some fireworks. On this day...we really need to think about what Independence means in the United States, in the African Diaspora, and within the world as we well know many many people are still not free.















About The Chase Blue Stripe Maxi Dress: Red Dress Boutique

Espidrills: Just fab similar here


Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne

Cuff: Kendra Scott Candace in gold

Sunnies: Not recent

Handbag: Not recent, Micael Kors

Earrings: Rocksbox Kendra Scott 
Didi Metal Earrings in Silver


Necklace: Rocksbox Aster 
Leilani Collar Necklace

Lipstick: MAC Ruby Woo



Oysters to go from Boat Run Oyster Co.




We picked up two dozen oysters at 1.10$ and a shucking knife for 21.00$.The oysters were from Cedar Key, Florida (Local to me).

Scallions, black peppercorn, olive oil, and lemon

Sriracha  with jalapeño

Cucumber with lemon juice

Flat parsley, Black peppercorn, olive oil, and lemon


Chimichuri with Sriacha and a drop of lemon juice


For the second part of dinner I had an idea from a photo I saw on Instagram for Chimmichuri grilled steak. We have filet here with homemade Chimmichurri sauce and Rosemary to garnish.











No comments:

Post a Comment