Wednesday, July 15, 2020

100 Days 100 Nights: Floral Stripe Romper + Date Night... Baked Alaskan King Crab Recipe


That is how long I have been inside or outside in my yard or street during this pandemic. It actually passed 100 days last week. Some days are pretty meh with little motivation, some days I force myself to get motivated, other days I have a level of stress that yoga, meditation, and journalling has helped a lot. I have a lot of ways to keep stress at bay including cleaning, cooking, and taking care of my plants also. I hope you all are enjoying the recipes for our in home date nights since we do not go out to eat much these days. I am am now a Tiktok partner and you can find all of these educational videos on my page this Summer.

















Out Free Red Floral Stripe Romper: Red Dress Boutique (not recent)

Jean jacket: not recent

Espidrilles: Just Fab

Necklace: C/O Ettika

Earrings: C/O Ettika

Lipstick: C/O Avon Holiday Collection, not recent Holiday Red


This was my first time doing a crab bake. I always do crab boils and most of my family also does. I have no interest in doing a bake covered in butter and sauces so mine might look a little bland, but my spices are on point I promise. As far as the comparison, I guess if you aren't into all the butter and sauces then the bake is nothing to be for you. I prefer the boil because my seasonings get in there from cooking it low and slow and I don't need to use butter. Nevertheless, it was tasty and it was easy to make. 


crab bake


Ingredients:

Old Bay seasoning to taste

salt to taste

garlic powder to taste

2 tablespoons of butter

crab boil oil... I had to use a lot vrs. when I do crab boils. 2 cap fulls vrs 5.

Uncle John's sausage or andouille 

corn cut into smaller pieces

Red potatoes...I used Yukon gold because thats what I had, both work as well as fingerling potatoes if you are baking it will cut down on time.

1 whole onion

2 whole bell peppers 

smashed garlic

-Cook on 350 covered with foil and add water periodically 1 cup at a time so that the food stays moist.


Cook potatoes and sausage 2 hours in pyrex with water.

On hour 3 add corn, onions, and bell pepper add more water.

On hour 4 add the crabs and cook for 15 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment