Monday, January 13, 2020

Date Night: Opening Week at Counter Culture: Bodysuit + Pleated Cullottes + Jimmy Choo


Happy Monday loves! I am here with an off schedule post to share a new restaurant with you all. The restaurant Counter Culture is now open in Bayshore in a mixed use building . The restaurant is owned by the same Chef, Chef Pierola from Edison's Food + Drink Lab and Edison's Swingamajig so if you are familiar with either, you will like it here.

Tonight's look is a classic basic style that is quick and easy if you are on the go. My pants look like a skirt, but they are not by the way. A simple sleek look like this can be achieved best with Zara's basics selection. I like to pick up a handful of items from there every six month's to have styling options that are simple. Florida can't decide if it wants to be hot or cold so I have on a light cardigan. If you find a style that you like I would say buy them in every color because they will be timeless. The one I am wearing here is about ten years old and it never disappoints  me.










Bodysuit: Zara, not recent

Pleated culottes: Zara

Belt: Zara

Heels: Jimmy Choo Abel, similar Romy here

Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne in Abalone shell and black

Earrings: Kendra Scott Elle in Abalone shell

Anklets: C/O Ettika

Spiritual high charm necklace: Ettika

Counter Culture- South Tampa
Gluten free
Little Gem salad
So, being a regular customer at Edison's Food Lab I have never had an issue with gluten. I did not expect it to be an issue here since it is the same Chef. The space is very chic, open and bright. I would opt for the outdoors seating if it's not cold, but if you sit indoors you have the choice to sit at tables or at the kitchen counter or bar. The bar is expansive and nice and it takes up a lot of the space. FYI It looked to me like they had the best lighting over there also.

Garden Party
We tried a lot of menu items as we always do. Although my husband thought the oysters were pricey, you only get three for 18.00$ at Edisons and here you get half a dozen for 21.00$ They were pretty enjoyable with a clean finish and nice brine. Our waitress was awesome. I literally love when the waiters/waitresses are just generally excited to be there and serve you. Everything we had I liked except one thing from the raw bar. We had a few issues with it because it was cross contaminated with gluten. Being that it was opening week I know they were probably rushing a lot so I am not faulting them for it.

As per usual everything is plated beautifully, the jerked pork was delicious and the little gem salad with the Green Goddess dressing was superb. This is a really nice addition to Tampa and I am so happy that it's now an option for date night. I can't wait to go back when it is not so busy and see how my second experience is. I have just two word for this restaurant...Uptown Chic.



Yellow fin tuna wrapped in toro tartar

Gluten free
Jerked Pork with mango

NY Strip au poivre


gluten free
red wine mashed potatoes

Gluten Free
Key Lime Pavlova



2 comments:

  1. Love your culottes! They look light and perfect for an evening dinner date. I might need to look for a pair now that I've seen your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!! You look so cute and pretty! :)

    Love the green culottes and those fabulous stiletto heels!!

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete