Tuesday, July 30, 2019

July 2019 City Life VLOG: When True Love Takes Over- Before Anyone Else...Home Improvement + Hauls + Summer Partnership Announcement & Yoga


This months City Life post is so different from last month I must admit! Going on vacation really allowed me some time for thinking and relaxing and for me to realize I had way too many distractions going on in my life starting with social media and family and friends. I have been off Facebook for 1 month now and I feel great! I am not going cold turkey I guess you could say. My page is still up since I have business pages that I still have to run, but I have limited my interactions on my page to zero and anything that is posted is just for me. I thought about what things did I want to focus on and I thought, my anniversary is this month so why not focus on that? My husband is my best friend and we share everything and when I am down he always makes me laugh. So what better person to direct my focus on?


This month has been fun actually. I actually had fun in Summer lol. You heard it here first! Our trip to Miami was so relaxing. We had all this stuff planned and it was like 107 degrees so we were like forget that and we just stayed inside most days. Its been feeling amazing in Tampa due to all the rain so going down to Miami and getting roasted in the heat was kind of a shock, but this is why I never go down there in the Summer. So somehow I managed to loose more weight this month due to stress. I was stressing out about everything and anything you could imagine. I told my husband one would find it impossible to believe that I find time in the day to stress, panic, and have anxiety attacks constantly. I have very little to worry about to be honest, but I do have some weird phobias that screw with me a lot and I can only do so much holistically with the anxiety attacks. I am still using CBD oil and it has reduced all of that a lot.


FITNESS: I had about two months where I didn't take any fitness photos, but I was still working out. I felt kind of detached this summer when practicing my yoga flows. I haven't been able to meditate all Summer and I really haven't been motivated to work out. I basically tried to work out for 5 minutes to 10 minutes a few times a week just so I wouldn't stop moving completely. This month I joined another yoga challenge on Instagram which I always find fun and it helps me to get my workout in and some. You can find the full details of the challenge on my Instagram page, but these are basically the photos. I was late to start and its ended now, but I only have three more days to complete. 



While working out this month I literally felt like a weight had been lifted off my mind and body. Every since that day, I have been sleeping normally, I have been happy, I haven't had any anxiety attacks. Sometimes it just takes time to kind of power through it. I had a quote on my page that kind of summed up what I was trying to say...

Sometimes God calms the storm, but sometimes God lets the storm rage and calms his child.











HAULS & PARTNERSHIPS: 


Earrings c/o Ettika

Swarovski Hair clips purchased from Sohostyle


Makeup c/o Avon

They come in 6 flexible shades and offers instant moisturization. It will leave you with a radiant sheer coverage that is lightweight and breathable.  Vegan and paraben free!


Products C/O Ekoa





Paid partnership w/ Eyeglassworld
Eyeglasses c/o Eyeglassworld


So this Summer I have partnerd with Eyeglassworld to share some cute Summer posts wearing their specs. I had a wonderful time visiting the store and meeting with the manager and eyeglass consultant Sabrina. It was a pretty great experience. Eyeglassworld has a good selection of designer glasses- I was quite enamored with the Karl Laugerfield collection. I was sent a blogger box with specs they picked out for me and then I got to go to the store and pick more glasses and go through the process of getting my prescription placed in them. There was no time to do an eye exam, but I don't think I needed one to be honest because I get one every year and my eyes feel about the same. I was surprised to find out that Eyeglassworld has the first technology for applying the blue light filter to their glasses which I need badly.






I had fun browsing and now I have all of my glasses c/o Eyeglassworld and what more could a girl want right? I have glasses for every outfit plus a fetch pair of polarized Rayban Sunglasses. Now here is the kicker... I will be hosting a giveaway on my Instagram page next month and you too can enter to win a pair of Sunglasses!!!! So stay tuned to my page and I will make sure I announce it again once the giveaway is live.






Tequila c/o Blue Nectar for National Tequila Day (July 24th)


Tequila C/O Blue Nectar Tequila

currently loving KISS Eyelashes

HOME:





Fragrances I filled my home with this month!

Garden Greenery: Sweet Apricot, Fresh Basil, Mint Leaves. This candle was my favorite because it has heavy fresh clean floral smell.

Winter Hyacinth : Burns fresh and clean like soap. Its enjoyable, but for me a little strong.

The last candle: I actually forgot the name of it, but it has a sweet sweet pastry smell that lingers long after the flame has extinguished. I don't like overly sweet candles, but this one was oddly enjoyable and not overwhelming for us. When you walk in our condo it was the first thing you smelled even if it wasn't lit.



Due to all of the glorious rain my plants are thriving this Summer. Usually it is too hot for anything to survive out here during the Summer and everything frys even in the shade. Almost all of my baby orchids are still alive. If you remember I found and re-appropriated about 14 kekis in May. The keki is a baby orchid that grows on the mother plant and it is an exact replica. You have to remove them and you can replant them. I am happy to say two of them have actually bloomed! The two that bloomed are from a mother plant that I have had for at least three or four years and it has not re-bloomed at all.

The Kekis are growing






DINNER DATES:

Our 13 year anniversary date


My gift the Louis Vuitton Bumbag which can be worn multiple ways and I predict will be hot for Fall & Winter.


Additional photos from Flute and Dram






Elevage- Epicurean Hotel



Mole Y Abuela





Gormet Pizza Company


Edison Food + Drink Lab

Spain Tapas & Grill




GLUTEN FREE ITEMS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST


Garlicky Salmon inspired by Master Chef.

I was watching Master Chef and there was a guy who made a garlic oil to cook his fish in and I thought it would be a great idea to try for salmon. He plated his fish skin side up which I never do and I have never seen anyone do it, but I thought why not try it. I use my cast iron to get the perfect crispy skin on my fish (especially salmon). The recipe is basic and simple, but I will add the instructions for the garlic oil.

6 peeled garlic cloves
evoo
salt
pepper

Heat cast iron (to six on electric) and pour in 2 caps of evoo. Add in your garlic and let them cook slowly on four for twenty minutes. The garlic essence will cook into the oil. Then add the salmon skin side down while the pan is still hot and place in the oven at 415 for 25 minutes.


This month I made a lot of comfort meals which I have either shared before or they really were not interesting enough to photograph. I did however have this ridiculous  salmon craving and I made salmon more times than you could imagine. These are three ways that I made my salmon this month which is completely new and different.


lightly spiced salmon with mashed potatoes sand mushrooms
red pepper flakes
black pepper
salt 
garlic powder
evoo


Asian inspired salmon for hubs
The salmon is cooked the same exact way as I always cook it at 415 for 25 minutes in an oiled cast iron. For this dish I drizzled a little Sesame oil over the top and Sesame Seeds before and after I cooked it. When it was done I drizzled Red Sesame oil over the top and paired with string beans that were cooked in a garlic oil reduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment