Friday, February 2, 2018

Under The Stars In Tampa Heights: Blythe Blouse + Flare Sweater Skirt X2 + Vest

=

Happy Friyay loves! I hope you all had a great week so far. Well, the restaurant/venue called Heights Public Market at the Tampa Armature Works is finally open for business and my husband and I couldn't wait to go see it. Tampa Heights has been an area under a city renewal for several years now. A lot of the historic buildings are suffering urban decay and the first thing to be revived was Ulele Spring at the (new) Water Works Park which is where we frequent a lot. You may have even seen this abandoned building in a lot of my blog photos!

 I had been waiting for Heights Public Market to open for about a year and a half finally opened this week; I was so excited! So tonight I ate at Hemingway's Cuban Classics and my husband at Surf and Turf. From what I can see all around there are limited gluten free options at the now 11 open restaurants.



Booties: not recent
Skirt: Just Fab
Blouse: J.Crew 2011 Blythe
Vest: Just Fab
Earrings: Kendra Scott "Danielle" in pyrite
Bangle: Kendra Scott "Elton" in pyrite (color bar)
Supak beaded bracelet in pyrite:Kendra Scott
Andy Bangle: Kendra Scott in pyrite (color bar)
Lipstick: Matte-moiselle Ma'damn












So, this venue is like an open food court, but more upscale. They have about 11 or so restaurants that are local here in Tampa and have opened a space here. You just walk up and order your food and you take it anywhere you want to sit. I went to a very similar venue last year- The Hall on Franklin, but it was much much smaller and did not have very much to offer in the means of gluten free/ allergen free items.

Surf & Turf- Hubby and his lobster roll
Hemingway's Cuban Classics

Gluten Free Puerco Asada with cilantro rice and black beans
Ordering was pretty easy, I advised the cashier that I had a gluten allergy and asked if what I was ordering was gluten free. Obviously, the pork, rice, and beans are naturally GF, but you really have to be diligent and ask because some places use pre-packaged products with additives. A great example of this is Texas De Brazil, almost all of their items on their food bar are pre-made and even the beans have flour. Anyway, he said yea it's gluten free and I just asked if the people making sandwiches and handling the yucca fries could change gloves before they package my food. It was easy-peasy. I tested everything in my box as well as the sauce and it all came back gluten free.






The venue is over 14,000 sq. ft and there is ample space to sit, hang out, mill around, or even sit outside and enjoy Riverwalk and the view of Downtown Tampa. Restaurants include:
Graze
Zukku Sushi
Cru Cellars
Fine and Dandy (Bar)
Ava
Butcher and Barbeque
Union by Commine + Co (Coffee)
A.W. Mercantile
Ichoro Imoto
Swami Juice
Surf and Turf
Inside the Box
Astro Ice Cream Co.
Hemingway's Cuban Classics
Steelbach
*and more coming soon



Links à la Mode, February 8th, 2018
SPONSOR: Shopbop, Rachel Comey, Tibi Tops, Alexander Wang Bags, Flora Nikrooz, LGR, F.R.S For Restless Sleepers, Fanny Packs, Sequin Dresses, Mixed Metal Jewelry, Men's Salvatore Ferragamo

1 comment:

  1. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. spiritual tools

    ReplyDelete