Sunday, October 15, 2017

VLOG CITY LIFE: October 2017 Part 1: Welcoming Fall + Hauls (Fenty Beauty Review) + Fitness + Gluten Free Cooking & Tampa Events


IN THE CITY:

Welcome to this month's part 1 "City Life" post. I have been trying to focus more on getting more exposure for these posts because it is like sharing another part of my life with you all that doesn't get seen. Everything isn't always hair, makeup, fashion, fitness with me. Its funny, being a housewife I can go days without seeing myself in makeup and clothes. Usually, I am in something baggy and comfortable or dainty and flowing while I cook, clean, and work. 

This month I finally got over last month's insomnia! Having insomnia is the worst it's like you're a zombie just going through the motions of life and sometimes waking up and seeing that the sun is setting and feeling like a vampire because you missed the whole day. However, when you kick the insomnia it's like - for me, a burst of energy and light. So, this month I got so much more done and I was so happy about that! Since we are hitting the city so much this month I will be posting the first set of photos now and there will be more at the end of the month in a new post.


Annual pumpkin patch event at Hyde Park Village

Every year I go to several pumpkin patches looking for a white pumpkin that I like and this year I finally found one in the most unsuspecting place! The Humane Society!



HAULS:  I had a lot of fun trying out new makeup again this month. Everyone is crowing about the Fenty Beauty line and giving their reviews some biased some unbiased. I personally did read and watch a lot of reviews before considering buying the foundation and I found the reviews to only muddle my mind more. I already have 3 great foundations that I love and that I feel match perfectly, but I was like hey, I am going to try it (plus I was really liking Trophy Wife). 

So, for the most part I do agree with a lot of reviewers that the foundation does dry really quickly, but I did not find that to be problematic. Next, it clearly does oxidize, but I did not find that to be problematic either. I did not take my lazy behind to either Sephora that is near me to get color matched. I figured by looking at my own makeup (it's been matched before at Sephora) that a 430 or 440 would suffice, with that being said, the 440 is what I ordered and I like it a lot. I also heard there isn't a whole lot of a difference between 430 and 440; so I wasn't worried. I did not have any issues with the foundation and I love it. I have to admit that I am notorious for falling asleep with my makeup on and when I woke up the next morning it was all still perfectly on my face.

I did not want to purchase too many items since I wanted to make sure I liked it; I plan on going back to buy a few more items later this month.




UPDATE: After using the shade 440 for 90 days I did start noticing that in different lighting it did appear to be too dark, too red-ish/orange. I was still interested in the 430 and getting color matched at the store. After reading up on the foundations online I did see that the foundations are matched by undertones not just skin tones and that was why the 440 was too red for me. I was pretty sure I needed a neutral tone, but I still went in to be matched. With that being said we did the digital color match which confirmed the neutral tone, but to make sure we swatched 430, 420,  410, and 360. 

The 360 shockingly was a perfect match. It literally looks like I am wearing no makeup at all and just have a flawless face. I was very excited, but skeptical so I had my whole face done and then waited to see how it looked in natural light and I loved it. So, I went from a 440 to 360 and I just wanted to clarify that for anyone who was wondering how to find their shade without going in to get matched; know your undertones. I honestly would have just kept buying the incorrect shade until I got it right had I not just gone into the JCP/Sephora store because like I said I am pretty hard headed.

I have been using the Fenty foundation for over 90 days and it has become staple (go to) foundation. I love it and I love how natural it looks.

January 2018
440 w cool red undertone to 360 neutral to olive undertone


make up c/o Avon


All of these kittens and cats are available for adoption $25.00 at the Tampa Humane Society




Pumpkin patch event at The Tampa Humane Society





gluten free ice cream at Twistee Treat




Mural of the Hillsborough River by Bill Marsh in the Channel District of Tampa



Ferg"s Live Night Market in Channelside




38th Annual Art Fair Hyde Park Village







FITNESS: Still working through my last 3 summer outfits and I am in love with the fall sets that have come out so far. I'm itching to try this on, but I have to stay on schedule lol. September was a lazy workout month so I made it a point to power through this collection and get in more work outs. I was down 6 pounds since vacation, but right now the scale is playing more games lol. I am holding out on a final weigh in because since I have Celiacs I tend to fluctuate in weight daily so I rarely weigh myself, I prefer measurements.




NIMA: This month was full of NIMA gluten tests for me. I got to test out some items that I have never tested before such as the Gummy bears. I got lucky they were gluten free because the ingredients list actually says they can be made from wheat or corn starch. Last month was actually the anniversary of when I first went gluten free completely. It's been 5 years!

 It feels like it's been forever to me and it's now been one year since I got NIMA the portable gluten tester. This device has made my life so much easier and I feel like because of it I have a lot more freedom. This was the first month I actually had to warn someone at a restaurant "look, if you don't take my dietary restrictions serious I will test the food with this device and if it comes up positive for gluten, I will send it back". It did test positive (see Bulla Gastrobar below for that photo) and I did send it back.

Did you know some chicken broth has wheat in it? A great example is the Trader Joe's chicken broth, only the organic chicken broth is #glutenfree I personally prefer Swanson's or Pacific which is labeled Gf. 

Ingredients say it can be made with cornstarch OR wheat...


DATE NIGHTS: This month it is seeming like we have so many more date nights. I actually recalled to my husband last October we did a weekend restaurant crawl and spent so much money in the process. I love finding new sexy and chic places in South Tampa to review and visit. I am you guys guinea pig and I will let you know what is gluten free and what is not. Also, just in general who has the best food, the best atmosphere, and of course cocktails. Below you will see already we have hit up 4 new places and it's just two weeks into the month. I would have to say so far Shor and Spain Restaurant & Toma Bar are my favorites. Their gluten free options were abundant.



SHOR Clearwater Beach




BERNS STEAKHOUSE - Don't be fooled by this place and its reputation, it wasn't worth the money at all.
Simply Pho





Spain Restaurant & Toma Bar Tampa







Bulla Gastrobar Tampa


The gluten free paella did test positive for gluten







ALL GLUTEN FREE DINNERS COOKED BY MYSELF
Dhaal Fry
Basmati Rice
Kale Greens



Spicy Roast Leg Quarter
Roast Carrots
Mojo seasoned blend of grains

Oven roasted leg quarter in a camelized onion broth with yellow rice and butter beans

Baked Home fries- I did not care for the recipe I used ie., the spices, but the fries themselves tuned out great



Green salsa marinated Tilapia with Black beans and Cilantro Lime rice

Breakfast of choice this month was cheesy eggs with smoked sausage and yellow grits.

National Taco Day: Mission Gluten Free Taco with chicken thigh meat, cilantro, cheddar, mozzarella cheese, and sour cream. Hubby had salsa with his.
RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST

No comments:

Post a Comment