Under The Stars In Tampa Heights: Blythe Blouse + Flare Sweater Skirt X2 + Vest
Happy Friyay loves! I hope you all had a great week so far. Well, the restaurant/venue called Heights Public Market at the Tampa Armature Works is finally open for business and my husband and I couldn't wait to go see it. Tampa Heights has been an area under a city renewal for several years now. A lot of the historic buildings are suffering urban decay and the first thing to be revived was Ulele Spring at the (new) Water Works Park which is where we frequent a lot. You may have even seen this abandoned building in a lot of my blog photos!
I had been waiting for Heights Public Market to open for about a year and a half finally opened this week; I was so excited! So tonight I ate at Hemingway's Cuban Classics and my husband at Surf and Turf. From what I can see all around there are limited gluten free options at the now 11 open restaurants.
Skirt: Just Fab
Blouse: J.Crew 2011 Blythe
Vest: Just Fab
Earrings: Kendra Scott "Danielle" in pyrite
Bangle: Kendra Scott "Elton" in pyrite (color bar)
Supak beaded bracelet in pyrite:Kendra Scott
Andy Bangle: Kendra Scott in pyrite (color bar)
Lipstick: Matte-moiselle Ma'damn
So, this venue is like an open food court, but more upscale. They have about 11 or so restaurants that are local here in Tampa and have opened a space here. You just walk up and order your food and you take it anywhere you want to sit. I went to a very similar venue last year- The Hall on Franklin, but it was much much smaller and did not have very much to offer in the means of gluten free/ allergen free items.
|Surf & Turf- Hubby and his lobster roll|
|Hemingway's Cuban Classics|
|Gluten Free Puerco Asada with cilantro rice and black beans|
Ordering was pretty easy, I advised the cashier that I had a gluten allergy and asked if what I was ordering was gluten free. Obviously, the pork, rice, and beans are naturally GF, but you really have to be diligent and ask because some places use pre-packaged products with additives. A great example of this is Texas De Brazil, almost all of their items on their food bar are pre-made and even the beans have flour. Anyway, he said yea it's gluten free and I just asked if the people making sandwiches and handling the yucca fries could change gloves before they package my food. It was easy-peasy. I tested everything in my box as well as the sauce and it all came back gluten free.
The venue is over 14,000 sq. ft and there is ample space to sit, hang out, mill around, or even sit outside and enjoy Riverwalk and the view of Downtown Tampa. Restaurants include:
Fine and Dandy (Bar)
Butcher and Barbeque
Union by Commine + Co (Coffee)
Surf and Turf
Inside the Box
Astro Ice Cream Co.
Hemingway's Cuban Classics
*and more coming soon
- Aesthetic Distance: Moviepass Is A Must-Have For All Movie Lovers
- A Girl in LA: My Night Out Essentials
- A Housewife in Heels: Matching My Mini
- April Was Here: Mommy and Me Valentine's Day Casual Outfit + Valentine's Day Date Ideas with Your Kids
- Britt + Whit: 2018 Reflection & Goals
- Cammeo Head to Toe: My Week in Style: Favorite Floral Dresses for Valentine's Day
- Chicago Petite Blog: The One Trick Petite Bloggers Swear By to Look Taller
- Dangerously Me: #OOTD: Why Do I Blog?
- Eboni Curls: The Northern Curls
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Valentine's Day Outfit Ideas
- Fashion to Live: Under the Stars in Tampa Heights
- Gabriella Lundgren: Tobi - A Classic Top with a Detail
- Gutterfashion: Thrifted: All About Capsule Wardrobes
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: A Subtle Valentine’s Day Look
- I'm a Norbyah: Upcycling Clothing: Make Your Clothes Work For You
- LunaVida Blog: Casual To The Core | Cardigan + Tank + Ripped Jeans + Converse
- Online Personal Stylist: How to Wear Black & White
- Purushu Arie: Diversity Report: Representation of Indian Women on Fashion Magazine Covers
- Rosa Diana: Ruffle Slit Pink Sweatshirt
- Tales of Two Blog: 5 Days in Munich with Day Trips
- The Glamour Pursuit: Lady in Red | Faux Fur Coat & Felt Beret