Monday, July 20, 2026

June 2026 City Life VLOG: | IS SALAD SAFE ANYMORE? A LIST OF WHERE TO GO AND WHERE NOT TO GO |Gluten-Free Recipes | Hauls & Shopping











MEI RESTAURANT
ST.PETE



FIFA YELP EVENT
WILD FORK








ST. PETE

SUGAR FACTORY
TAMPA SEMINOLE HARDROCK HOTEL
To help you avoid getting sick, these stores carry Tavlor Farms lettuce (EARTHBOUND) & re-branded (store brand) lettuce with lot number starting with TF: 

Walmart
Costco 
Target
Whole Foods
Aldi
Sam's Club
Kroger
Trader Joe's
Sprouts
HEB
Safeway
Publix*
 Restaurants: McDonald's, Chipotle, Subway, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Panera, YardHouse, Sonic, Wendys, Burger King, Qdoba, possibly Eddie V's, and CAVA.
*Churches Chicken has their own farms in TX.
Keep an eye out for Hello Fresh/Factor. They use TF, but claim its safe because they don't use iceberg lettuce, but they do use greens and other things from their farms.
Keep an eye out for cafeterias/restaurants in businesses as well specifically Aramark which also uses TF brands.

WAWA: Taylor Farms 

BUC-EES uses SYSCO and they also use TF

Research on the current lettuce outbreak that has affected 27-30 states:

Since I am in Tampa I also just looked up some other places in my area tgat I frequent.

Anyhow, Take the info as you may, I just looked it up and am sharing it as a food lover and salad lover.

 I added some additional places at the bottom that may be relevant to Tampanians or Floridians or people who have dietary restrictions like I do. 

Bolay: Taylor Farms

Greenlane: Local farms including Brick Street Farms

Sweetgreen: Local Farms as well as hydroponic lettuce and they do not use Iceberg at all.

Just Lettuce: Gotham Farms

Naked Farmer: C&B Farms

Fresh Kitchen: Local Bolton Farms and also vendors.

True Food Kitchen: Regional and hydroponic 

Pura Vida: Sourced in South and Centra Florida (no exact farms listed).

Ocean Prime Tampa: Sourced locally with no exact farm listed, but some can come from SYSCO distributors. I would actually just ask them directly because they likely will go ask the chef and give you a name for the Tampa area (we are really big on supporting local farms). They however, do not make this claim for any other OP locations so I would say check!

Bare Naked Kitchen sources Kalera (which ai buy at the store all the time) and that's also Hydroponically grown.

BT BISTRO grows their own lettuce and other items (that's a reason why I love this place).

5 Guys Burgers and Fries is sourced local and regional delivered daily and hand torn, never shredded.

What I found for Publix is that their main pre-packaged and cut salad mixes are Taylor Farms. Locally, they use Brick Street Farms and Gotham Farms (from Chicago) for their Greenwise products. Also, as aa rule of thumb just buy whole lettuce and not a mix if you are unsure. I do not know what Publix uses outside of my area though because well, Publix itself, is local for us in Tampa.

*Support Local farmers in the Tampa Bay area. I usually grow Lettuce or buy hydroponic Lettuce from Brick Street and other Local places or when I find it at the grocery store. 
I also just go to Sweetgreen bc they also use local farms over the country and do not use Iceberg at all.


What I found for Publix is that their main pre-packaged and cut salad mixes are Taylor Farms. Locally, they use Brick Street Farms and Gotham Farms (from Chicago) for their Greenwise products. Also, as aa rule of thumb just buy whole lettuce and not a mix if you are unsure. I do not know what Publix uses outside of my area though because well, Publix itself, is local for us in Tampa.

*I do not really eat fast food, so I tried to include fast food and local places that I go to. I love a Shake Shack, 5 Guys, or Chick Fil A outing every once in a while.

Some restaurants claim their sourcing is proprietary, so, for a lot of places I couldn't get any definitive answers and some use Sysco and that is basically Taylor Farms. Some places that don't give out an actual farm name would be Chicken Salad Chick, Chick Fil A, Outback Steakhouse (Bloomin' Brands)


GLUTEN FREE HOME COOKED MEALS 2026: 


I share my gluten-free recipes once a month under the "City Life VLOGS". I do have Celiac Disease and Diverticulitis so my recipes err more to the healthy side. 






















PATAGONIAN SCALLOP & SHRIMP ALFREDO











No comments:

Post a Comment