There is a new speakeasy in Tampa (Seminole Heights- a temporary location) and its called "Last Train to Shibuya" which blends the Japanese Sound Bar aesthetic with Southern & Japanese food with a DJ playing Black American music featuring a lot of R&B. They do post what is on their music schedule weekly as well!
I had to check it out and make it one of my first stops in my new food tour for the Summer which is called "50 to 100". I haven't announced it yet, but we are going to get it going once I can fully wrap my latest Spring tour.
Anyhow, they have featured music from a live DJ nightly and Sundays is Japanese Karaoke. There is a cocktail list with Japanese inspired drinks and wings from Saucin wings and bao buns. It is also cash free.
I do not think anything was gluten-free free. I did not partake in food because of this, but I had a cocktail and enjoyed the vibes. Hubs says the fried chicken and Bao Buns were great.
New food tour starting this Summer: "50 to 100" ($).

This is the front store which is a flower store called Pugs & Petals. So, you enter here and then you are escorted back to a back room. I recommend making a reservation, they have the dining room with a Bar and hightops and then another back room to the right. That backroom is where the DJ is located along with another bar and some plants from Pugs & Petals. Its very dimly lit so excuse the dark photos below.
Its a very small and intimate space. That is the bar next to the t.v. Its cash free and you scan the QR code to get the menu. The menu and food is sourced from the food truck Saucin' Wings.















No comments:
Post a Comment