Sunday, July 19, 2026

FOOD TOUR: "Airie In the City" Last Train to Shibuya -Seminole Heights

        

 There is a new speakeasy in Tampa and its called Last Train to Shibuya which blends the Japanese Sound Bar and food aesthetic with Black American vibes featuring R&B. 


I had to check it out and make it one of my first stops in my new food tour for the Summer. I haven't announced it yet, but we are going to get it going once I can fully wrap my last Spring tour.


 Anyhow, they have featured music from a live DJ nightly and Sundays is Japanese Karaoke. There is a cocktail list with Japanese inspired drinks and wings from Saucin wings and bao buns. It is also cash free.


I do not think anything was gluten-free free. I did not partake in food because of this, but I had a cocktail and enjoyed the vibes. Hubs says the fried chicken was great.


New food tour for Summer: 50 to 100$.



There is limited parking behind the building and we were instructed to paark across the street (its free). This is a busy intersection though so be safe.
This is the front store which is a flower store called petals and pups. So you enter here and then you are escorted back to a back room. I recommend  making a reservation, they have the dining room and then another back room and the backroom is where the DJ is located. Its very dimly lit so excuse the dark photos below.
Its a very small and intimate space. That is the bar next to the t.v. Its cash free and you scan the QR code to get the menu. The menu and food is sourced from the food truck Saucin' Wings.
Yuzu My Little Secret:

A tangy fruit forward cocktail featuring: Yuzu vodka Yuzu Puree, lychee liqueur , elderflower, fresh strawberries, passionfruit and topped with lemonade.
Slow-braised beef short ribs glazed in a rich soy-mirin reduction, nestled in a steamed bao with sesame slaw, Kewpie mayo, and a finish of scallions and sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment