Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Stay Winter Park | Food Tour - Chic Eats Winter Park & More 2024 | Stay Winter Park | Stop # 2 Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine | The Dante Midi Dress + Jimmy Choo

 


We are now back from Panamá and I am resuming the 1st part of our anniversary vacation which was to Winter Park, Florida (just outside of downtown Orlando). This is a really cute area and we loved it down here when we visited earlier this year. Winter Park has a lot of walkable streets downtown that are charming and inviting. It is far away enough from Orlando proper that it doesn't have a lot of tourists or even tourists vibes. 

There is a thriving food scene right here in Winter Park and for the last year to year and a half I have been making my list of restaurants to visit for a food tour. The thing I love about Orlando is that almost all of the restaurants will have gluten-free menus and a lot of times you will find you can have things that you may not have had in years because no one was ever willing to make it gluten-free. 


This little street right here has so much to do on it and it isnt very long so yes, ai could pull off this look for brunch. All the streets are not paved, just this area behind me.

I loved this dress when I fist saw it for two reasons: 

It was a tuxedo styled dress which in general look great on me, but thus one is baggy which made me like it even more and it was perfect for a brunch outting.

The second reason was because it reminded me of the dresses from the Flinstones. Either way, the uniqueness is what drew me to it.

















Dress: Dante Midi Dress, Billy J. Boutique

Bag: Louis Vuitton

Heels: Jimmy Choo Abel, not recent, similaar Romy


1.NATSU OMAKASE

2. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine






So pur second stop is actually a restaurant that has multiple locations and is very popular. They are actually opening a Tampa location pretty soon.

I am pretty open to trying new and different food and upon looking at the menu I thought Turkish food would be a good brunch option. While service was good and the food was good I did come to the conclusion that maybe Turkish cuisine isn't my cup of tea. Hubs liked his food, but I was not feeling anything I ate. Maybe it was me, maybe that day food and smells were off for me. I don't know, but I just didn't care for anything in particular. I would try it again though to be sure and just order something different I suppose. It surprised me because like I said I haven't really disliked any other cuisines I have had like Georgian, Indian, Ukranian, Russian,Lebanese, as well as Nepolese just to name some stuff.



Anyhow, I would still recommend Bosphorus Turkish cuisine. If you are adventurous in trying new foods give it a try. I had the lamb and maybe I will try a chicken dish next time. I honestly only started eating Lamb this year and before that I hated it. My taste buds are crazy sometimes. The Turkish coffee was pretty good and I did peep a pretty awesome hummus and bread set up that a lot of people were ordering to start.


RED LENTIL SOUP (Mercimek):
A vegetarian blend of red lentils, Turkish seasonings & fresh herbs.

Gluten-free 


Shepard salad





This was the lamb dish I ordered which was gluten free, I believe they said the rice wasn't gluten-free so it was kind of strange eating just this with no rice or no potatoes. 


LAMB SAUTÉ:

Tender pieces of lamb delicately seasoned with herbs & spices and sautéed with onions, red 2 green bell peppers and mushrooms in tomato sauce, normally Served with rice pilaf.













My husband ordered the kabobs and he loved it. He pretty much always loves everything 






No comments:

Post a Comment