Thursday, June 27, 2024

Society Wine Bar Ybor with Offline Tampa Bay | Off-Shoulder Maxi Dress X2

 


So, if you can believe it, yes, I bought two of these maxi dresses. I never even wore this black one. I listed it on Poshmark after seeing how large the pink one was on me and it never sold. It must be a popular dress because the boutique I bought it from has sold it for the last five years.

Well, after wearing the pink, it kind of grew on me. So, I decided to wear the black one today (it is unlisted now, sorry). I have to admit...the dress is kind of a vibe. 

It gives Greek Goddess vibes to me.


So, tonight we have like a two part date and the first part starts at this wine bar in Ybor City with Offline Tampa Bay. It's hot as hell right now, but one thing that isn't hot is this flowwy and loose maxi dress; and I added just a pop of pink to the overall look.


Do you guys like wine? Fun fact, I actually stopped drinking wine years ago. Now that I think about it, it's kind of surprising because it's been about 6 or 7 years. But as a Celiac wine causes me to have autoimmune reactions which at that time, I wasn't aware of. 

I drink champagne on special occasions and mimosas at brunch. Now, I just have wine very once in a while; I will have a glass of natural or organic wine which does not trigger my immune system. I could explain that a lot further, but I think I have in the past a few times in my "City Life Vlogs".

So, I didn't really want to do this particular Offline offer, but it's kind of hard some months finding a new place to visit that also can truly accommodate those with Celiacs. My husband doesn't drink so we were supposed to get charcuterie for him and natural organic wine for me.















Heels: Sophia Webster, not recent


Sunrise Aquarelle Nano Bandeau ( I also call this a Twilly): Louis Vuitton

Headband: J.Crew

Lipstick: MAC Show Orchid

Fenty Glassbomb




Society Wine Bar
Historic Ybor City
This is located in Centro Ybor


This is the only natural and organic wine they had in the whole bar. That was disappointing, but it was good and they opened the bottle just for me. I had one glass which was priced at 12.00$ which was not bad.





This is the small cheese board for 20.00$.

 They have a large charcuterie platter also available. Unfortunately, there is too much cross contamination with gluten in their kitchen to accommodate anyone with Celiac Disease. I was told NOT to eat anything from the kitchen by our server. 

They do have gluten free crackers for the charcuterie board as noted. If you just have a gluten intolerance you probably can stand to eat it, but if you have Celiac Disease it is not safe.

 I appreciated that the man serving us clearly said that because when I wrote my Yelp review whoever responded just made it seem like they had gluten-free crackers so what I wrote was a lie. But what I wrote pertaining to those like me, that have Celiac Disease (which means anything over 20ppm of gluten can cause a painful autoimmune reaction that can possibly lead to you ending up in the hospital) was entirely true.

 It isn't the same as having an allergy or an intolerance which is why most servers at restaurantswhere they are well trained will ask, is this Celiacs or is it an allergy or preference?


Anyhow, the board according to my husband was decent. We have had better and I don't really mean that in a bad way, I just mean it was kind of basic, like the meat and the cheese wasn't anything exotic or exciting. BUT they gave you a good amount, a good variety, and it was edible and would pair great with wine. That's pretty much what matters. 

So, since I couldn't have any of the food there (they do have some other food options that are light bites also) I needed to actually spend at least 15$ to use my Offline offer, so I ordered a glass of champagne; A brute which was very very fresh, Bubbly and delightful.





My overall takeaway is that if you are in Ybor to have a date night this is a great place to stop first and get a cheap glass of wine, champagne or beer for a good price. They have wine by the glass as low as 7$.

 The Organic wine I ordered was opened just for me. I don't know about you, but I hate it when I order a glass of wine at a restaurant and you can tell it's been open for a minute and sealed improperly. So, there is great value in the fact that their wine is freshly opened.





No comments:

Post a Comment