Thursday, November 10, 2022

Aircation #NoPassportNeeded VLOG: The Equestrian World Center Hotel Review & Recap + Camera Roll


                                 

Today I am sharing the camera roll from our road trip to Ocala to visit the World Equestrian Center. I know nothing about horses or Equestrian Sport other than that I used tot visit the Clydesdales  at Busch Gardens all my younger life and sometimes in my teens when I worked there. What stood out to me was the utter fabulousness of this hotel in the middle of no where. I had only been to Ocala one time to a family reunion at the Ocala National Forest when I was 14 and my cousin and I were so bored and said I would never go back there again.

This place is brand new and oh so beautiful and the fact that it is in the middle of no where is so important. The air is so clean and it smells so fresh. I live in the city and no, the air quality isn't terrible, but Hillsborough County actually does have some of the worst air pollution in the U.S. and so I really appreciate it when I go somewhere where there really is very little industry.

                       

So, here we are road tripping again trading the beaches and the swamps for the horses and stables! It's like many vacations we have had where it rained the whole time! OMG I am so over this happening, but it is Florida and the Summer is rainy season and the Fall is hurricane season so you have to just take a chance. I actually had 2 additional outfits for this trip, but because of the rain we never got to visit some of the other restaurants on the property (there are several) that are not located in the main hotel.

                       

                             



All of the photos below are from our suite. This was a 1 bedroom 2 bath suite with the Arena View. It rained almost the entire time we were here unfortunately, so the tiny horse show was cut short. You can find the schedule on their website for what shows are happening, they also have dog shows and hold Preakness events that include brunch. 

Since this is a new hotel a lot of additional  things have been added since I visited earlier in the year for example: there have been some wine pre-fixe dinners held at Stirrups as well as certain brunch parties; There will be an upcoming holiday festival that is free to enter, but parking is 30.00$



So, what is funny is after a few days it became evident we were the only people staying in the hotel. Like, other than the people who were at the restaurants to dine, we never saw any other guests. We were the only ones. My husband went to Calluna spa and because they had no guests they had to call a masseuse to come in. We had an amazing time just being pampered and we just had the whole hotel to ourselves at night. It was fun and creepy. We always say every trip something kind of funny or quirky happens and this was that.



These are all photos of the main livingroom




This main bedroom has a view of stables, since this is an Equestrian Center there are several different areas where the horses are contained and it is pretty expansive. I didn't bother taking a photo of that because it is just a large building and it was raining.


The one thing about this hotel I want to say is it seems this area is religious. A lot of the t.v. channels only played those churchy preachy shows that you only see late at night. The channels were limited to a few kids stations, ESPN, CNN, FOX, and I think TNT.



A lot of the photos on the website do not show what the rooms look like, there is just one standard set of photos so I kind of booked not knowing exactly how the room would look. Needless to say, I was really happy with the room. This is the main bathroom in the suite. It is all marble and absolutely gorgeous !










2nd full bathroom when you enter the suite




Views from our suite: This is the Arena View









Hubs had lunch at this Patasserie on the left, but he doesn't take photos of food, same happened with brunch at Stirrups.



Dinner att Stirrups






                        

                          



















GRILLED ASPARAGUS sherry vinaigrette






TWICE BAKED POTATO sour cream, bacon, chives






No comments:

Post a Comment