Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Anniversary Vacay Anna Maria Island (AMI & SRQ) 2022: The Limoncello Two pc Hot Girl Summer Lewk + Foodie Stop #4 Meliora Pt. 1 (8 Course Dinner)




Today's lewk is this really cute 2pc set I basically kept seeing in ads on social media, yep the targeted algorithm got me. Well, I personally love the print, I have seen it before on designer runways- I am thinking Dolce & Gabbana. Anyhow, I am in love with the concept, but the execution is terrible. So, while I love the photos and the "look" I wouldn't recommend it!


First off this is from aa website which boasts it's a "luxury" website. At a whopping 110$ not only is the print unclose very cheap looking, the fabric is cheap, thin, and see through. Now, I committed to not shopping brands and styles that were not safe for the environment. I was thinking at the price point (and no negative reviews) this 1 item would be well made, but it isn't. Fabric and construction wise it is on the level of Shein with an inflated price, but it looks fabulous on me. What I do like is that this skirt is a skort, a sexy skort. 




So, we are winding down on the vacay here and I saved the best stop for last! This one is so great there is a part 1 and part 2 is available here. As you all know I rocks with Sarasota because they have a a lot of restaurants that are trained on gluten cross contamination and know what gluten is! 

If any of you don't know that is ok, Gluten is the protein in wheat, rye, barley. It causes extreme stomach upset in those that have Celiac Disease (an autoimmune Disease) and to a lesser extent those with an allergy or sensitivity to gluten.

So, my last stop is a place that you all must try and tell them I sent you. 
(more below)














The Limoncello Two pc set: Oriana Lifestyle

Bag: Louis Vuitton, Over The Moon

Jewelry: Kendra Scott pale yellow mother of pearl (this is a Summer release). This is all Color Bar by the way.

 Shown in pale yellow: 

Elton bangle

Alex Drop Earrings

Rayne Necklace

Also shown: Abbie statement bracelet, this is another Summer release

Livy Silver cuff bracelet, also a Summer release

Shoes: Sophia Webster

Lipstick: MAC


Meliora is a new restaurant located in the downtown arts district of Sarasota. You may remember some of my vacations in the art District such as my latest stay at the Sarasota Modern or one of my most "artful" stays at the Art Ovation Boutique Hotel. Meliora will is located where Blasé Southern Style used to be.


This restaurant specializes in cold plates and small plates shared like tapas and the menu changes daily which is why I have this in a part 1 and part 2.


Seen below is the Chef's Table where you can book a more intimate seating and view how the food is prepared.

Adams describes the food as “new American,” with a menu that will include “some pasta dishes, a lot of seafood and a lot of pork.”

Sarasota Magazine


This was our first course and I must say it was an explosion of flavor and textures; we also added for an extra 20.00$ the caviar topper which just sent this dish home as we Southerner's say. But I think this quote from Sarasota magazine says exactly what I was thinking a little bit better.

Sliced wafer-thin and placed in the bottom of a wide-mouthed glass bowl, the bivalves are smothered in a smooth, creamy sauce fortified with discarded bits of more scallop, and then dolloped with basil oil and sprinkled with herbs and flower petals snipped from a bouquet set up near Adams’ chef station. A spoonful delivers a powerful dose of pure scallop. It’s astonishing.

The menu at Meliora  is divided into two simple halves—“cold” (where you’ll find those scallops) and “hot”—and the dishes run on the smaller side. The idea is to order a handful of items, share them (or not) and then order more rounds until you’re full.

Sarasota magazine





Smoked Royal
Lavender vodka, lemon, bubbles


Our second course on the cold menu is simply titled "Cold Pork". It doesn't sound Ah-mazing per the title, but it was. And mine was served on lettuce to make it gluten free. Are you wondering if I liked it? My husband in general likes everything- so yes I liked it. Key word is spicy! The cold pork also has a lot of texture as you can see there are sesame seeds and roasted garlic slivers on top of it.







Course 3 is another cold dish: the Tuna 



4th Course: The Duck 2 ways with Bao buns on the side as well as sauces so that it is gluten free. We love duck in my house and in general if duck is on the menu one of us is getting it. I don't eat a lot of meat so it works out because my husband basically gets as much as he wants. This duck consisted of the breast and a drumstick and they were fantastic. The meat was tender, well seasoned, and perfectly cooked.
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment