Sunday, May 23, 2021

1 Year Anniversary in Soho/Hyde Park: Multi Stripe Tie-Back Mini Dress + Jimmy Choo Sandals and...Seafood Rice


We recently celebrated our first year in our new home. It's definitely been a dramatic year and emotionally moving as in, an "inspiring" year for us. It's so crazy that I only just now started going outside for drives only 4 months ago. I often drive down my street in awe because I notice things I never saw because I was never outside after moving here during the pandemic. 

Today's look is a dress I stalked for so long at a boutique I shop at. It was out of stock for over a year and then one day it was suddenly back in stock so I was ready to snatch it up. My favorite thing about this dress is the back of it and the colors that it has on the back. It's perfect for Summer; It's fitted, not loose so in my opinion ,this is a great date dress. 

Below I am sharing a seafood recipe that I came up with after seeing photos of something similar online. In the last year the main memories I have the most of are cooking in my beautiful kitchen.  Since most of the last year we were quarantined everyday I cooked. So, when I think about year one most of those memories will be us in the kitchen together whether its making crab shalah, doing an oyster omakase at the island, or prepping wings and ribs! And we can't forget dressing up and making it a date!

*Hubs would have taken a few pics with me for this post, but he is currently recovering from surgery and doing well! 






















Joyful Red Orange Multi Stripe Tie-Back Mini Dress: Lulus 

Louis Vuitton Kirigami Pouchette

Sandals: Jimmy Choo Maelie

Necklace: Kate Spade, Rocksbox

Earrings: Ettika

Crystal Ball Anklet: C/O Ettika

Anklet: C/O Ettika

Lipstick Colour Pop in Behr Hug

SEAFOOD RICE WITH GRILLED SNOW CRAB LEGS




Ingredients:

Yellow rice

Green onions (white parts preferred)

Frozen or fresh veggie mix: carrots, peas, and string beans

1 can of clams and clam juice reserved

4 cloves of garlic diced

1/2 lb shrimp

1 red bell pepper diced


Instructions:

Cook aromatics in evoo until tender (garlic, green onion, and red bell pepper).

Add frozen veggies and once cooked add the clams

Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Add clam juice and let simmer

Next, add defrosted and shelled shrimp last for six minutes.

De-glaze the pan with white wine  and once melded add in with yellow rice.

Grill crab legs in butter for 10 minutes and then add crab legs to the top of finished meal served family style.

Top with butter and chopped green onions and serve family style.












No comments:

Post a Comment