Sunday, September 15, 2019

Weekend Date Night: Sexified Red Dress x1+ Kimono + Heels & A New Hotel & Restaurant in Rocky Point That You Want To Check Out ; The Current Hotel and Restaurant Julian

                             

Tonight we are exploring a new hotel and restaurant. Its so interesting and cool to live in an area long enough to see it evolve and watching new things open.I watched this hotel being built for the last few years from my condo all the while not knowing it was going to be a hotel.All the while not knowing Rocky Point was getting its very own Autograph hotel. Its absolutely fetch. This area of South Tampa definitely needs more fabulousness in my opinion. 

It's an area that really only gets frequented by those that stay or work in the business district, football players (because the stadium and airport are close), and those that are driving on their way to another destination. Its home to Tampa's only "beach", Ben T. Davis (and I really don't know any Tampanian that actually goes there because it is not that great of a beach to be honest). That's a whole other can of worms though ; I don't want to leave out the weekend picnic go'ers and fishers because this area is great for fishing and tons of people line the Courtney Campbell Bridge to get that experience. So anyway, there are photos of the hotel and restaurant here and more will be on this months "City Life VLOG" post.

About the outfit: This dress is ridiculous! I mean that in a colloquial way. It's so much more shorter and tighter than I expected which is what led to the sexified look. I threw on this kimono at the last minute because its super short, you can not bend over or down in it because it is so short. We arrived at sunset and got some nice photos at Rocky Point. I have a lot of Instagram snaps also showing the water etc.














Make Some Time Red Dress: RDB

Kimono: Shein

Heels: Lulus, not recent

Anklet: C/O Ettika x Nordstrom

Earrings: Kendra Scott Rocksbox

Necklace & cuff: Kendra Scott Aiden & Candice in gun metal

Lipstick: C/O Avon





Tonight's dinner is at the Current Autograph Hotel at Rocky Point (Tampa). The hotel's restaurant is named Julian after the very first owner, Julian H. Lifsey of Rock Point Island. Julian is an International restaurant and right now there is no menu online. From my assertion, it's more Asian foods at this time. The restaurant is not a "typical" restaurant ; It's just a seating area in the corner of the rear of the hotel with an occupancy of 70. It's completely open with a view of the pool and the bay. You can see the moon come up as well as the sun from there.


The drink menu is limited, but the dinner menu is pretty long. It consists of small plates and one section of larger plates. There are no gluten free denotations, however I just informed them that I had Celiacs and we picked out some items with no issues. I did not even have to use my gluten tester. The kitchen and staff were awesome and 100% on point. The drink that I did have tasted like a Worthers candy if you have had that before it's like butterscotch. 

All of their drinks have names that give nod to Tampa such as "A Walk on 7th Ave". Every dish we had was truly eclectic and elevated. The dish that stood out is what I had, the red Snapper with quinoa and sumac. I have missed sumac so much (I cook with it all the time and ran out of the pure spice that I had) so I loved loved the Snapper and the quinoa was good!


Everything below is gluten free.

Al Pil Pil Gulf Prawns


Steamed Little Neck clams

Bunless burger and Swiss chard

Grilled Snapper with Sumac and quinoa with radishes

When you are done with dinner there is also a rooftop bar on the tenth floor called the Rox that is pretty nice. That is where hubs and I got a great view of the Harvest Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment