Saturday, April 6, 2019

Final Night In New Orleans My BIRTHDAY (really truly my actual birthday): Tweed Twosie +Minimalist Heels





There is nothing like being out in the streets of a new city being young and free as the clock strikes 11:59pm your official birthday and you know life is good. These photos were literally taken minutes before and after my birthday on Bourbon street. As much as my husband and myself drive each other crazy working together to take Street Style photos I love moments like these because they can't be created. We had a rocky time in NOLA to be honest, as an empath the energy was so strong that most days I stayed in bed and drew the curtains until later in the day. I will admit- that is how my husband and I are though because we are both introverts; We emerge usually a little later and check things out. 

We had the best last night in NOLA with a decadent dinner and to finish some beautiful rain to welcome my next chapter of my life. We saw as much as we could see and  I showed him a new city. Hubs always travels without me a lot of times for work and he experiences the cities, but it is never these same with me. I was so happy he wanted to road trip with me again. 

I have one more post for this series which is what I wore for the long drive. I wore this outfit three times, but never had a chance to photograph it, so it will be last. Of all of our photos these are my favorites because there is nothing more beautiful than getting caught up in that ethereal moment. It rained for over an hour before the clock struck 11:59pm and that is when it rained the most. Check out my stories for NOLA because I uploaded the exact moment.

Keep scrolling to the bottom for details on my five star decadent Southern seafood dinner on my last night in NOLA.  You all really really need to know how phenomenal this place is for everyone, but also for gluten free Celiacs and if you are in the French Quarter next time you are in NOLA you have to stop in.










Twosie: Zara not recent, last season


Heels: just fab

GW Fins
 Shrimp Remoulade with  fried green tomatoes, chilled Louisiana shrimp, roasted red peppers and blonde frisee

So, during my time in New Orleans I was hoping to make some great gluten free finds. The last time I was here I was a teenager and we did not eat at any place spectacular, butI did have gumbo and my mom made gumbo for me as a child all the time and I loved it. Unfortunately, I could not find anywhere to get gluten free gumbo with seafood or meat in it.

I did however find this restaurant and they claimed to be one of the top restaurants serving Celiacs in New Orleans. I was so excited to go to GW Fins and it was a short walk from our hotel. This place had everything hubs and I love, style, vibe, atmosphere, great customer service, and lastly amazing food.

This hands down was the best meal, dining experience, and the best service I had while on vacation. Special thanks to the manager Tenney Flynn and the Executive Chef Micheal Nelson for having one of the best Southern seafood menus I have had in all my travels in the South so far as a foodiva, but also options and knowledge of Celiac Disease.

Atlantic Black Sea Bass
Sunchoke puree, crispy brussel leaves, wilted local greens, fried oysters, and Rockefeller cream.

I couldn't get gluten free gumbo here, but what I did get was gluten free fried green tomatoes made the same way my family makes them. I had this amazing mushroom risotto and this fish and scallop combination that is signature to the restaraunt itself. This meal what phenomenal! I was so happy and so satisfied after eating here.

Gluten free fried green tomato salad, mushroom risotto, Braised collard greens with crispy onions

CW Fin Signature dish Sclibut
Gluten free
Halibut, sea scallops, royal red risotto, snow peas, and pea shoot butter



No comments:

Post a Comment