Saturday, June 20, 2015

When To Purge Your Closet & Organization

Hi loves! Happy Saturday! I wanted to share something that is very important to me as fashioinsta and blogger. I have been working pretty hard to legit clean my closets over the last week. It was to the point where I had no more room and I have 2 closets with 9 ft ceilings! I personally do like to hold onto clothes with the thoughts of wearing them again one day, but we all know that won't happen!

I had clothes from 5 years ago when I was a six 11, 8, 6, 4, then 2 that I was thinking "I may get this tailored eventually". Well, I have been there and done that and after 500$ in tailoring, I have not worn any of it. I also just had a lot of stuff that is not out of style and who knows when it will be back in style. I am not a border, but I do have the tendency to accumulate large amounts of clothes, heels, and bags just because I am a blogger and its my job to have things that are new and trendy.

This week was the week that I set out to purge everything I did not need and then go stock up for some cute summer styles! Here are my rules of thumb:

-Get rid of anything you have not worn in 6 months or more.

- Get rid of stuff that doesn't fit!

-Get rid of items that are out of style! For me that was high low dresses and skirts from 2 years ago. I am still wondering if peplum skirts are in style still…

-You should be able to navigate your closet with ease. If you have lost track of items for several months, have items with tags, or have to fight to get jam packed clothes out then you need to purge!

-Things I like to keep: Staple items that can be worn anytime and will never go out of style. I also like to keep my higher quality items such as silk blouses, skirts, or dresses.

My office closet.






If any of you are wondering why I utilize two closets it is because I work as a blogger. I move clothes back and forth as the seasons change. I also use this closet in lieu of a rolling rack.


My main closet.




So, I am actually quite proud of myself. I sold and donated over 10 brown grocery bags of clothes. I sold a lot of my purses on Poshmark and I am glad that I was able to donate to local charities. I was having so much fun I took the extra initiative and got a storage unit and moved out all that extra furniture that I brought from my old house to my new condo. Now I can easily navigate in my closets as well as the hall closet and my husbands closet.

*If you are interested in any of the items you have seen on my blog, they may be on my Poshmark account for sale! You can check that out here!.

No comments:

Post a Comment