Monday, September 23, 2019

VLOG Anniversary Vacation: St. Augustine & Palm Cost Vacation Recap & Camera Roll


This post is my usual camera roll of vacation photos that were not previously published in other blog posts. Despite all the issues we had at the hotel we had a great time when it wasn't raining and we were able to drive up the A1A to St. Augustine. We stayed in St. Augustine a few years ago when I started my "Who Do You Think You Are" journey after getting my DNA test from Ancestory and we only got to spend two days there. I wasn't even sure if we would ever go back because back then were were not into road tripping. Its really funny how things can change because we live for road tripping now and we have a little Corrolla that is just bumping along at over 100k miles.

I had really high ambitions and plans for this trip, but some times life just happens and you don't get to do everything that you planned. We went out for a pretty simple dinner the night before we left of grilled chicken wings and salad and sure enough my salad was prepared in the same bowl as the ones with croutons. I essentially was sick the entire vacation and I slept a lot of the time. I kind of worked out because it also rained every afternoon and was unbelievably hot (heat index was 109 degrees). So, riding up the A1A alone is such a scenic beautiful drive. If you are ever in that A1A take that drive, you can take it through several states I was told. It runs along the Atlantic Ocean and there is an inlet on the opposite side so its like you are just driving on a small sliver of land on a bridge. Its pretty scary at night though. That drive is 29 minutes to St. Augustine.

I had planned on driving 45 minutes to Daytona Beach, but like I said life interrupted. After being up in North Florida again for I guess the second or third time this year I felt pretty satisfied and a little irritated and I left feeling like my time spent on the East Coast or North Florida was about done. I have been trying to see as much of Florida as I can and in general I prefer South Florida.


Palm Coast

This is the beach located in Palm Coast. It probably looks exactly like St. Augustine beach which is only a few miles away. I wasn't really able to capture it, but the sand is pink there. I am unsure if it is naturally pink or if pink sand was brought in and sprinkled around all of the crab holes in the ground. The shells on the beach were also pink which was nice. I noted on our drive up the A1A that a lot of that sand was pink too. One thing that was funny is that the man who helped us with our bags actually said he didn't even like this beach and that he preferred the white powdery sand of Clearwater Beach instead. If I could weigh it out in my head I guess I would prefer Clearwater Beach also. The water here though was a beautiful blue green (its really only visible during the day and it has to be full sunlight). These photos were taken at Dusk which is why they are not that impressive in my opinion.






So, this trip was for our 13 year anniversary. We had a great time hanging out together (not a shock).
This area is super secluded, I didn't even have cell phone service, so it was really nice to have one on one time and get out of the city.




St. Augustine has some great farm to table restaurants now! The first time we came here we didn't really eat anywhere remarkable I guess. On our road trip to Charleston I was there for the food and I solely seeked out the best restaurants and read all these reviews and fully immersed myself into it. Its hard to go on vacation when you are surrounded by foods that you cant eat due to something like Celiacs and it forces you to kind of think outside of the box at what adventurous things you can try. So, I found two amazing places to eat at (photos below) and if you are ever in St. Augustine check them out.

The Preserved


                   



                       






Michael's (this is also in St. Augustine)








So, where will we road trip next? Who knows... I have an idea, but I have no idea how to plan it!
XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment