Monday, August 13, 2018

Tijuana Flats VIP Event: Cheeseburger Taco Tasting + OOTD Flamingo Embroidered Heathered Tee + 7th Ave Slacks + Flats



Happy Taco Tuesday! Today's post is a fun one with a little twist on the well known taco. All of those details are below and I am starting with today's look which is a pretty simple and laid back Summer outfit off the day. I was lucky enough to find this cute flamingo t-shirt with great embroidery to go with my flamingo earrings. I will be putting up some hauls this week as promised by August.

 This Summer my goal was to show some inexpensive budget friendly Summer styles and I think I have come in at that mark. This t-shirt was only ten dollars! Also, in this post I am wearing makeup from the Summer Nights pallet by Juno & Co which I featured in last month's "City Life" post. I literally have not been this excited about a eyeshadow pallet since Naked 2.

The colors are highly pigmented and blend very easily. I am finding myself wearing colors that I would not even wear which is a little adventurous for me. I hope you all enjoy this event post- remember the event details are below! XOXO

FYI I will be holding a Tijuana Flats gift card giveaway on my Instagram tomorrow so please check that out and enter!



















Flamingo Embroidered Heathered Tee Shein
Pants: New York & Co
Bracelets: assorted, Kendra Scott Andy in black
Kendra Scott Supak rose gold beaded bracelets
Beaded wrap beaded bracelet in gunmetal Rocksbox Nokamol
white cuff House of Harlow Rocksbox
Gorjana white beaded bracelet.
Flamingo Earrings: Rocksbox Kate Spade
Flats: c/o Just Fab Rebeckah also similar Runa or Darci
Lipstick: Color Pop


I was invited to Tijuana Flats to try out their Cheeseburger taco and seasoned fries that will be available from now until September 8th.



Seasoned fries with queso, the only thing gluten free here is the quest. The fries are cooked in a community fryer

The Sangria at T-Flats is pretty yummy!


So, things get a little hairy from here and I want to explain that Tijuana Flats does not have a gluten free menu, they don't claim to, and because of that I am not holding them at fault for the gluten found in my food. Before accepting this invitation to the taco tasting I looked at their nutritional menu and pretty much there are only 6 items that contain gluten: the chipotle chicken and sauce, wheat tortilla, and chicken nuggets and the other three items were of the same ingredients just different.

I read reviews from a lot of people that said if you ask them to make your stuff off to the side and not to fry the tortilla its all good. So, I went for it, now the toppings in the cheeseburger taco tested gluten free as you will see below. This is a corn tortilla, its gluten free and they did not fry it, but they mistakenly heated it up on the same grill as the wheat tortillas (they did nit know they shouldn't do that).


When testing any food that has been grilled you always want to test the outside that would have made contact with the surface. Like I said, the contents of the taco were 100% fine so had I only tested that I would have been glutened.


On to the taco, I did not eat mine due to the issues with cross contamination. What I can say is it looked freaking delicious, it smelled like a juicy hamburger with queso , and I wanted badly to just take a bite. The other bloggers at my table had seconds and even thirds; that photo below is their wheat tacos. At first, I felt dismayed by the thought of eating a cheeseburger taco, but at the end of the day its really just a deconstructed cheeseburger without the bun- all the ingredients are the same if you get the wheat tortilla. I was curious to know how it would taste with the fried tortilla, but no one ordered one or maybe that wasn't being offered...

Wheat tortilla cheeseburger tacos (not mine).


No comments:

Post a Comment