Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Flaxseed Gel Twist Out (Tutorial)


Hi loves! I had so much fun with this hairstyle. I am accustomed to using hair gels with very little hold so I did not have high expectations for the flax seed gel twistout. I have done a flax seed gel wash and go in the past and I hated it! Given I used a different recipe. This time I kept it really simple just using water, flax seeds, and essential oils.

The results: I loved how shiny, soft, and fluffy it left my hair. The main reason why I am in love with this is because my hair actually dried over night! That has never happened before! I will be doing flax seed gel twist outs more often. 
Some things I noticed about using flax seed gel: stretching my hair while it is drying basically does nothing. Since this gel has no hold my hair springs back up. I also noticed that my scalp does not itch or flake like when I use regular gels. The only con is that my hair after a few days got fuzzy, but I am positive with a little touch up (using the gel I made) it will be back to looking polished. One final observation, since this gel has no hold on my hair and does not flake I think that it is going to be perfect for doing wraps, roller sets, and other styles that I have not tried yet. I am very excited!





The next day...






  • 1/4 cup of whole flaxseeds 
  • 2 cups of water
  • Add essential oils or aloe vera gel for added benefits
  • Boil water and flaxseeds for 8 minutes stirring
  • strain and add a few drops of essential oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment