Friday, October 10, 2025

"Thats So Sarasota" Food Tour Final Stop: Turmeric Indian Bar & Grill: Look of the Day























Top: J.Crew

Chambray jeans: J.Crew

Heels: Louis Vuitton 

Headband: J.Crew, not recent

Lipstick: MAC Ruby Woo



That's So Sarasota Food Tour 2025

1. Patrik by Patrik Petersson (no longer in SRQ since this Summer).

2. Owens Fish Camp Lakewood Ranch

3. Selva Grill UtC 

4. JPAN Sushi UtC

5. Blu Kuzina St.Armonds Circle

6. KORÊ Lakewood Ranch 

7. Kojo Steakhouse The Arts District

8. Turmeric Indian Bar & Grill


So, they do have a full beffet even during the week. We did not do the buffet just because ita usually safer for me as a Celiac to order what I want directly. As you can see though, it wasnt busy, so the buffet woukd also have been fine.



I really enjoyed this cocktail in particular, I would have actually ordered ttwo, but I was getting spiced for my life by the food because I told them to make it hot.

 The last stop on this food tour I started so long ago "That's So Sarasota" is going to be Turmeric Indian Bar and Grill.

 Turmeric has the typical dishes which represent the culture of India; such as Biryani, Dosa, and Tandoori chicken.

They bring a nice addition to the Sarasota dining scene. The food was awesome as well as the cocktail I had.

We had the following:
Butter chicken
Daal Tadka
Tomato Rassam soup
Lamb Roghan Josh
Basmati Rice
Paneer Pakora (not GF)
served with a side of chutneys.

#fashiontolive #fashionablefoodiva #foodiva #Indianfood















So, overall this was a really nice restaurant and it definitely meets our expectations for great Indian food. They have a large menu and they have a lot of things we both routinely order so that means we would be back again. I didn't get a chance to show all of the building, but this place is very very nice and they have a whole second floor as well as a large bar area. Its located downtown in the Arts district which is usually where we like to stay as well. 

I wanted so badly to ask if the Dosa could be made gluten-free because I havent had Dosas in so long and I love them. Anyhow, the portion sizes were pretty good and we had leftovers. I was only surprised at the total bill, they deem themselves "fine dining" so I think the prices are a little higher than other restaurants. For example the Daal Tadka was 19.00 and a lot of places its like in between 12 and 13.00$.

Overall, the food was very very good and I was very impressed with my overall experience.

Now we have a second place in Sarasota to get Indian food. 




No comments:

Post a Comment