Wednesday, July 3, 2024

June City Life 2024 VLOG Monthly Re-cap: Summertime Heathens | Hair Growth Update | Hauls | Fitness and Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals

 


So, June just flew by. June is always a tricky month because it always starts with turmoil every single year. The only thing I usually can do is get in front of.

How do I get in front of it? 
I get out of the house. I go out. I see stuff. I have fun before it gets too hot. 

A lot of people think we only live once, but you only die once, you live everyday.

And I want to dedicate this blog post to my late grandmother Toynetta Williams.




































Below you will find all the extra photos that did not make it to the blog yet.







































FITNESS:

HAULS:







HAIR UPDATES:


So, there was a hair update that I had for you all.

As you know, I started using this Mielle Rosemary oil in March. I had my doubts about if it was going to do anything and I said I did not like the after smell of it, but I kept using it. So this is a collage of my hair from March to June. In March and in April I cut 2 inches of hair off which I only do probably once a year (usually before the Summer). I usually dust my ends every 6 to 8 weeks.

So, you can see the difference in my hair and how it has grown from March to June. I can not completely say the density and length is due to the oil. My hair naturally grows fast. I also wore my hair in protective styles *buns mostly) the entire time. I do see obvious growth and density that wasn't there in the March and April photos.

I have a lot of baby hair in the front if my forehead and it never gets long. Those hairs are now to my eyes which I do think the growth came from the oil and protective styling. Also, now my hair has been talebone length for a little while, I am seeing some hair is now thigh/hip length and it wasnt before. It isnt all of it so its hard to determine because I do not straighten my hair.

So, I am going to say I had great results and I have used half if the bottle. I plan to use the rest. I also am still using the leave in spray Conditioner.



Brunch and Date Nights this month

YBOR SOCIETY WINE BAR



       





EDISON FOOD + DRINK LAB


OYSTERCATCHERS


SMALL GIANT BAR
Water Street
Downtown Tampa










                                                                   FORBICI ITALIAN









EDDIE V'S





Home Cooked Gluten Free Meals.

If the recipe is not posted you can message me and request it.

COPY CAT SWEETGREEN CHOPPED ITALIAN SALAD




Ingredients 


Arugula

hydroponic bibb

salami

parmesan cheese 

cherry tomatoes 

Green olives 360 or Manzinilla 

peppercinines sliced

cooked chickpeas (optional)

olive oil

red wine vinegar


This salad was on the menu for Sweetgreen for a whole year before I tried it. I tried it one time and got hooked and when I tried to order it again it had been removed from the menu to make way for their steak salad release.

                           

This salad is pretty easy and straight forward to make so I wasn't too torn up about it. The most tricky part is making the salad dressing correctly. I had a recipe, but honestly it called for too much evoo, but with some tweaking I can get it to my liking.


Home made red wine vinegar dressing.


















Ingredients 

1 pound shrimp or crab

1 cup heavy cream

1.5 tbsp Kerry Gold butter

5 minced garlic cloves

GLUTEN-FREE Fettuccine 

1 cup reserved pasta water

1 cup shredded parmesan 

1 cup shredded or ground grana pedano or Romano cheese (Villaggio brand)

1/2 a bag of baby spinach

Fresh parsley

Lemon Zest from 1 small lemon

Sea salt & pepper to taste

Add garlic, butter and evoo into hot pan and cook shrimp adding salt and pepper.

Add lemon Zest to shrimp once they turn pink

remove shrimp from pan at 5 minutes and set to the side.

If you are using precooked Blue crab, snow crab or Dungeness crab you can just add it at the very end.

Leaving shrimp juices in the pot Add 1 cup of cream, seasonings, cheese and stir on low heat (5 or lower). Let it sit and thicken.

Boil noodles according to the box.

Reserve half a cup of pasta water or 1 cup to the side (if it is needed for sauce).

Keep stirring the Alfredo  sauce and add the baby spinach and cook it down.

Add cooked Fettuccine cine noodles to the Alfredo  sauce and  lastly add the shrimp (or Add Add crab at this time). Give it a few tosses in the pot.

*Plate*

Add additional cheese on top and garnish with fresh parsley

Bon Appetite 



So, I am pretty big on salads so this is a salmon salad with feta that I made the following week for dinner.








I make so many fish dishes I tend to loose track of these meals fully and I try to write them down. This one shocked me because it was SO GOOD. I don't always have a recipe, I just know what I want and I know what I have in my fridge so I make something that works. Everything here is fresh except the Grouper which was frozen fresh and I cooked that in my airfryer.



Grouper filets need 40 min from frozen (Publix brand)

evoo drizzle

chilli oil evoo drizzle

salt and pepper to taste

paprika 

garlic powder

oregano

1 tbspn Kerry Gold butter

place in parchment paper

potato wedges

evoo

salt and pepper 

oregano 

parsley 

chilli flakes

lemon squeeze

top w/ feta when serving









Cajun styled roasted wings and red potatoes






Georgian styled stuffed peppers






Ingredients 

6 bell pepper seeded with caps removed and place the the side.

10 Roma tomatoes. eeded of chorded.

Parboiled 1 cup of rice

3/4 sirloin ground

3/4 pound pork ground

Method

Cook the ground meat in frying pan with chopped onion and salt and pepper until brown.

Par boil 1 cup of rice until al dente

put the 10 tomatoes in thr blender with a little water, evoo, and garlic cloves and blend until smooth 

take seeded bell peppers and line them up in baking pan.
Leave caps to the side.

combine parboiled rice with meat mixture and a few cups of tomato sauce and pour thr mixture into the bell peppers.

Place cap on all full bell peppers and pour the remaining tomato sauce mixture over the top filling the baking dish and cover with foil. 

Let it cook at 425 for 35 minutes until bubbling. Let it cook long enough that thr parboiled rice is now fully done.

serve















No comments:

Post a Comment